Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Towers
Vestas Supplier Quality and Development is a part of Global Procurement in Vestas. We implement Vestas’ quality processes at our suppliers with clear focus on ensuring "do it right first time". The global team is located in Denmark and Porto and we have a clear link to our regional peers. We build, coordinate, and promote the safety & quality strategy while not compromising on processes and the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Ensure continuous focus on a high-quality level at our Tower Manufacturers
- NDT process assessment at Tower Manufacturers
- Assess the NDT capabilities of the operators at the Tower Manufacturers
- Reinspection of tower sections at Tower Manufacturers and at wind turbine sites
- Report out after inspections and assessments
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
For this role we are looking for someone who is qualified NDT Level 2 or 3 in accordance with EN 9712. Furthermore:
- You have at least 5 years of practical NDT work experience within the welded product segment
- You hold valid certificates for the NDT methods VT, UT and MT. Potentially also a valid certificates for PAUT or ToFD as well
- Previous experience in the tower manufacturing process is advantageous
- Knowledge of WTG installation or construction sites is advantageous
- You enjoy and are willing to travel a lot
- You are fluent in English both orally as well as written
- Capable of using the most common Microsoft programs as well as SAP
- Can show and live the Vestas values: accountability, collaboration, simplicity, and passion
- Good communication skills within an international and cross-functional environment with intercultural sensitivity
- Motivated, independent and critical thinking skills
- Able to "stop and speak up" if processes are not followed, and always with a safety mindset
- Team oriented - willing to share and learn from others
- Provides management reporting in a clear, accurate and presentable format
- Able to work across the organization and regions and interact with relevant stakeholders
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities to make a difference in a multicultural and international work environment with focus on psychological safety and work life balance as well as being part of the Vestas solution to solve the climate crisis. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. It is the policy Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class or status.
Work location: Aarhus, DK
This position requires approximately 140 days of travel per year.
For additional information on the position, please contact Global SQD Senior Manager Towers Lisa Klausen on +45 2512 1237
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 20 September 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.