Module Technical Lead
11 days ago
Power Solutions > Converter & Electrical Module > C&E Technical Management
Vestas Power Solutions is the R&D function of Vestas. Through innovation, development, and continuous improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the sustainable power systems of the future.
Within the business unit Vestas Power Solutions, the department Converter & Electrical (C&E) Module is responsible for technology and product development of frequency converters, their control, and high-voltage transformers, switchgear and cables. Predominantly for use within the wind turbine but also for use outside & beyond the wind turbine, ie. within a plant. The C&E Module (department) consist of several Sub Modules, specific to each of the electrical components, as well as an overarching Technical Management Sub Module.
The Module Technical Lead (MTL) positions form part of the TM team. As MTL the main responsibility is technical project management on the larger product development projects, from concept through to start of manufacturing. Activities include scoping, requirements, interface management, quality assurance, risk management and stakeholder management/communication, all while facilitating the design team's best practice execution of their technical disciplines. As Module Technical Lead, you report to the Module Design Owner, and collaborate across the entire Vestas organisation, value chain and design hubs located in Denmark, Portugal, India.
As Module Technical Lead, you will have the technical responsibility of the deliverables within project(s). You will also practice dotted line technical delegation to the Sub Module Technical Leads in addition with the following responsibilities:
- Direct and conduct design work in large and complex development projects, engaging functional experts to reach adequate technical depth
- Support both the immediate and the extended technical team through the specific project (complementary to the line managers' responsibilities)
- Facilitate the project team’s identification of tasks and adherence to best systems engineering practice
- Take ownership for relevant parts for technical risk assessments and mitigations during the value engineering & negotiation phase of a project and conduct & prepare relevant technical reviews
- Identify & steer methodology for design & development applying diligent and traceable quality assurance
- Execute intra- and inter-module integration and change management with data & fact-based analysis
- Report out to upper management and internal clients/stakeholders
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of proven experience within project management in a renewable or supply chain industry. Further you have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical/Marine/Mechanical Engineering educational background
- High level of working knowledge on systems engineering (including DFMEA, ConOps, Requirement Formulation and Functional modelling)
- Specialized in one of the components under C&E's domain such as frequency converters (power electronic design or control & software); high-voltage transformer, switchgear or cable systems; or LV distribution is beneficial, but not a mandate
- Hold a project management certification or have good understanding as practitioner of PRINCE2 or Agile/Scrum methodology
- Support strict systems engineering and internal process adherence for product development
- Experienced in stakeholder management spanning full value chain and customer interactions is beneficial
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality:
- You are motivated, enthusiastic individual with "can-do" attitude
- Able to process complex information and present key messages in a simple manner
- Solid written/verbal presentation and communication skills in English
- You have significant process, project, and change management skills
- You embrace the role of 'playing manager', comfortably guiding the team
- You are adept at delivering tasks - with colleagues in various time zones and cultures
What we offer
Vestas offers you a versatile job in an innovative and high paced team in a global environment. You will have great impact on the substance of the position and opportunities to work closely with our senior executives in a very progressive and exciting company and industry. You will have a great opportunity to develop your strategic and project management skills within the global leader in the wind industry. Vestas is keen on developing both your professional and personal skills, and for the right candidate this position will be a platform for further professional and leadership development in a global organization. You will experience a 'people first' attitude with a lot of empowerment and responsibilities. In short, join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference for the future.
Your workplace location can either be one of Vestas offices based at Aarhus Denmark and Porto in Portugal.
You can expect 20 days travel per year.
Please send your application as soon as possible before 22nd of March 2022.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.