Lead Specialist, Warehouse Development & Excellence
20 days ago
Service > Global Service Supply Chain> Global Logistics
Our newly established Warehouse Development & Excellence department within Global Logistics is looking for a capable and motivated Lead Specialist to help optimize our global warehousing setup. Reporting directly to the head of Global Logistics, you will play a critical role in ensuring the growth of our supply chain operations on a managerial level. Furthermore, in this Senior Manager level position you will become a part of the Global Logistics Management Team and set the direction for global warehousing in Vestas Service Supply Chain
As our Lead Specialist, you will operate on a senior managerial level and be responsible for:
- Setting a global direction for and collaborating with regional counterparts across the globe
- Analyzing, developing, and maintaining the operating model of warehouses located around the world
- Ensuring warehouse operational readiness for onshore and offshore businesses
- Collaborating with other departments to optimize the global logistics network
- Developing a strategy for future storage requirements globally
- Utilizing the global warehouse footprint to meet critical storage requirements
- Coordinating the Quality, Health & Safety strategy for the global warehouses
To be qualified in this role, you will need:
- A bachelors or master's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in International Logistics Solutions, Project Management, Warehouse Management or Management Consulting
- A pragmatic, structured, and fact-based approach to your work
- The ability to identify improvement areas and run continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience with stakeholder management on a managerial level
- Fluent English language skills at negotiation level
In addition to the qualifications listed above, we are looking for someone who:
- Is naturally structured and pragmatic
- Has a good work ethic and a positive approach to work
- Is creative and practical, with advanced stakeholder management skills
- Can lead, organize, structure, and deliver on strategic and complex optimization projects
- Balances quality and deadlines, prioritizes workloads and adapts to changing scenarios
- Communicates clearly and factually to colleagues and management
What we offer
We offer a collaborative and informal work culture, where teamwork and communication are key to our benefit. You will work in an exciting industry alongside highly motivated colleagues, and have the opportunity to shape the future of our global logistics function. You will operate as an internal consultant for our 12 global warehouses. Within Vestas you will get the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills to the highest level, within a multi-national company with colleagues located all over the world. If you're ready for a new opportunity and want to drive our global warehousing setup, then we want to hear from you!
Location: Aarhus, Denmark.
Application deadline: Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online on or before the 8.06.2023. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Start date: 1st of July or August 2023, but we are willing to be reach an agreement that suit your needs.
For further details concerning the position, feel free to reach out to Morten Schockert Eriksen, Director, Head of Global Logistics at +45 52 14 60 78
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.