Manufacturing and Global Procurement > Global Procurement > Transport
Transport Procurement is handling all transport-related Matters like Vessels, roads, trucking, and Aviation. It's all standard transport as well as project-specific Transport, both for the on and off-shore projects
- Coordinate the Global Off Shore Transport Procurement team
- You will be an important part of Vestas' engagement with the suppliers of wind turbine installation vessels, service jack-up vessels, (C)SOVs and CTVs.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement commodity strategies, which are aligned with Vestas' objectives and priorities, for jack-up vessels, service operation vessels, crew transfer vessels and helicopters
- Supplier Relationship Management: Identify potential suppliers, develop and maintain relationships, negotiate and secure contracts
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work with Regional Procurement Teams and closely with relevant business functions (Sales, Construction, Service, Legal) with an end-to-end value chain perspective to determine the procurement needs, requirements and specifications
- Coordinate the Global Off Shore Procurement team
- Experience with the marine vessels and helicopters used in offshore wind farm construction and service phases
- Experience in a procurement role, preferably within the offshore wind farm industry
- Strategic thinking, effective negotiation, communication, and decision-making skills
- Be a strong team player, we do nothing on our own
- Understanding the big picture, but able to focus on the detail to minimize exposure to commercial and contractual risks
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently, but engaging with your colleagues in your team and other departments as required
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Be able to identify, relate to and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Have a customer focused, multicultural, international and open mindset
- Advanced negotiation skills
What we offer
You'll be working in an international team which is at the forefront of growth within the offshore wind energy sector. You will be able to influence the way the industry develops within the marine segment and play an active part in the global expansion of the offshore wind industry. We put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Work location: Aarhus Denmark, alternatively, Copenhagen or Hamburg Germany
Application date: 1 March 2024 We reserve the right to take down the job ad before this date, if the right candidate is identified before
Start date: ASAP or upon mutual agreement
Further information: If you have any questions concerning this position, please reach out to VP Head of Transport, Torben Andersen at +45 40844512
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.