Lead Engineer - Converter Control
18 days ago
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter Control Application
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Converter Control Application, as part of Applications, Controls & Electrical.
Our department is a key area in retaining Vestas as the most sustainable organization in the world. We develop all the converter control and software functionalities for the Vestas turbine families. We are a team of highly qualified employees who consistently seek to balance creativity with quality. Through our core knowledge, we provide best in class converter solutions meeting system, product, and grid requirements.
As a Lead Engineer Converter Control, we need you to define the process development and efficiency improvement within your area and take responsibility for quality assurance through supervision, documentation, and structured reviews.
You will contribute with in-depth knowledge and experience within designing control of grid connected 3 phase power electronics converters, combined with a solid background in assessing stability of grid connected converters, including harmonics, Fault Ride Through, different grid conditions and connections.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Guide the technical direction on Converter Control process development and improvement
- Contribute to the Converter Control technical roadmap and strategy
- Create proposals for development, tools and test facilities counting investments, coordination, and collaboration with external researchers
- Contribute to the annual technology project plans and secure grid connection features are represented on the technology roadmap
- Make requirements to turbine and converter concerning grid connection performance and associated documentation, verification, certification, and list of design standards
- Guide generic design and verification procedures for converter control (mainly regarding grid compliance), including metrics for quality assurance and design guidelines
- Deliver generic product tree, function, and failure tree to support DFMEA and Tolerance chain analysis of converter control
As an ideal candidate you are expected to have:
- Master of Engineering (within Power or Electrical Engineering) - a PhD is a plus
- Approximately 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience with embedded control for power electronic conversion
- Experience with development and management of industrial control software
- Experience with grid connection of converters and compliance assessment regarding connection codes
- Understanding of TSO's process in shaping connection codes
- Knowledge of different control principles for 3 phase converters & PWM strategies for 3 phase converters
You have a solid theoretical background in modelling of converters, their control and the interactions to the grid and experience with implementation, test and verification of converter control and software. In addition, you are:
- Motivated person with a systematic and structured way of working
- Significantly committed to having the department delivering good quality on time
- A technical role-model leader who can guide the converter control developers
- Able to understand the operational set-up of Converter Control
- Capable of creating professional networks within and outside Vestas
- Able to demonstrate technical leadership skills in a multi-cultural environment
What we offer
We offer you a job in a truly global and progressive organization with great opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development, where emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
You will benefit from working at a high professional level and with a good technical commitment in a very inspiring environment. You will be directly involved and define the development of a core product and service, which is of outmost importance to our customers.
The primary preferred work location will be Aarhus, Denmark.
You can expect approximately 5-20 travel days a year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 07/04/2023.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.