Lead Electronics Engineer
20 days ago
Power Solution > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Control Units & Electronics
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
The Control Units & Electronics department is a part of Vestas Power Solutions and are responsible for the control hardware solutions for all Vestas turbines - both the existing and new fleet. As Electronics Engineer you will join our experienced team consisting of people from Denmark and Portugal. The team are handling electronics design (incl. FPGA and firmware) and integration of control hardware.
The Electronics team have many stakeholders in Vestas as it is part of a large value chain from technology roadmap to development work with various departments before the product lastly should be matured together with sourcing and manufacturing across the world.
As an Electronics Engineer you will work closely together with Engineers and Specialists, Technical Designers across the organization to capture the necessary requirements. Your responsibilities and work tasks also include:
- Participate in all phases from ideation, specification, detailed design, implementation, documentation and test
- Obsolescence maintenance & Redesign
- Testing (Board bringup, Functional, Environmental, HALT, EMC, On-site etc.)
- Stay updated on newest technologies within electronics area
- Contact to various stakeholders (procurement, manufacturing, service, suppliers etc.)
- Calculation of optical budgets in fiber optical communication networks
- Knowledge of change management system
To be suitable for the position, we expect you have:
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar from an accredited University
- +3 years of relevant working experience
Knowledge & Experience in:
- Analog / digital circuits
- Microprocessors / FPGAs / Memory
- Electronics design, testing and documentation
- EMC and environmental testing and correct EMC design
- Tools for Schematic/PCB Layout (Ideally Altium Designer)
- Experience within other large corporate organizations is beneficail
On the personal level it is very important that you can contribute in the role in delivering quality focused interpersonal skills such as:
- You are excited for technology and a broad knowledge of electronics, both in new and existing designs
- You have great stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level
- You have good problem-solving skills and highly practical who possess the ability to evaluate conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
- You are a resilient team memeber who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- You are culturally open-minded, a good communicator and able to establish relationships across geographical boundaries and cultures
- You possess high level of communication and presentation skills with both written and spoken English
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a world class team in an exciting business with a very comprehensive product range. The working environment is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with very competent colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position. You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - professionally and personally.
Your work location can be at our headquarter in Denmark or at our technology center in Porto, Portugal.
You can expect maximum 15 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 23rd March 2022.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.