Head of Global Supply Chain Resilience
2 days ago
Manufacturing and Global Procurement > GSC & T Global Supply Chain > Global Supply Chain Resilience
Global Supply Chain coordinates the end-to-end supply chain of Vestas and balances demand (customer projects) with supply (key components of the turbines). The team's goals are on-time delivery, cost and cashflow. Supply chain resilience is essential for achieving these goals.
In our industry, the performance of the supply chain makes a direct impact onto the financial performance of the company. As Senior Specialist Global Supply Chain Resilience, you will use your expertise for ensuring that our supply chain can resist, adapt, and transform in the face of disruption.
- Orchestrate an operational risk radar, ensuring that risks are identified, assessed, and mitigated
- Analyze the resilience of the supply chain, identify areas for improvement and drive the necessary adjustments to our supply chain strategy, design, processes, capabilities, and tools to improve our resilience
- Secure the readiness of the supply chain for New Product Introduction
These three responsibilities require a high level of collaboration with procurement, manufacturing, supply chain, construction, and finance.
- Relevant university degree combined with a significant experience in operations, supply chain and logistics
- Experience in risk management or resilience with a focus on proactive operational risk management and delivering effective mitigations
- Finance or project management knowledge is also desired
- We would prefer a good understanding of the wind industry or similar industries
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
- Cross-functional management skills in a global and matrix organization
- Ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholders including senior executives from various functions
- Ability to handle multiple short and long-term priorities
- Ability to identify problems and set up action plans
- A convincing communicator who knows how to mobilize people
What we offer
This position offers the possibility to make a direct impact to the performance of Vestas. You will have a broad role covering the extended supply chain, working with multiple teams (procurement, manufacturing, supply chain, transport, construction, finance) at various levels (from strategic to operational). The position reports directly to Vice President, Global Supply Chain, Christophe Mugnier-Pollet, and is part of the management team of Global Supply Chain. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions, and you will use your skills to enable Vestas to solve one of the most important global issues of our time - ensuring a more sustainable future.
Location: DK, Aarhus or Copenhagen
You may expect up to 50 days of annual travel activity
For additional information, please contact Christophe Mugnier-Pollet, Head of Global Supply Chain +4552261349
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, however, please note we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th May 2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.