18 days ago
Does supporting sustainable energy solutions in the world inspire you? Can you propel the understanding of grid requirements and define related requirements towards new product and technology development projects? How about participating, and finding value in, external subject matter forums? Then you might be who we’re looking for to be our Grid Integration Specialist, come join us and be part of the solution to one of the most important global issues of our time: ensuring a more sustainable future.
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Product Solutions & Integration the Technical Market Requirements team has an integral part in the collection, understanding and shaping of global grid requirements landscape.
In collaboration with central and regional colleagues you will be responsible for accelerating the understanding of grid requirements and defining related requirements towards new product and technology development projects.
Through your deep understanding of the electrical grid area and solid collaborative skills you:
- Define mapping of grid requirements across current and future Vestas sales markets in short, mid and long-term outlooks
- Investigate and monitor requirements outlooks and potential developments as well as assess related market impact
- Participate in relevant external forums to shape tomorrow's requirements landscape
- Support preparation of gate material and other key deliverables for new product and technology development projects
- You hold a B.Sc, M.Sc. or MBA in Electrical Engineering or similar
- You have experience working with grid requirements, ideally within the renewable energy industry
- Ideally, you have experience from working in a complex, international company and are used to working across both cultures and time zones
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- You are structured and possess great communication skills
- You are a collaborator who appreciate working with many stakeholders in a global organization
- You understand and bridge both the technical and commercial elements
- You have a strategic mindset with the ability to comprehend and define future requirements scenarios
- You have a high motivation, are curious by nature and motivated by acquiring new knowledge
What We Offer
We offer an inspiring, international work environment with the energy industry's global partner in sustainable energy solutions. Ours is a stimulating workplace, providing great professional and personal development opportunities. We offer a very exciting job in a flat, multi-cultural and motivated department focusing on reaching world class results. To us, it is all about knowing the market and our customers, defining the right products, and getting it done - all in the best possible way. We would like you to participate in that mission.
Your primary work location can be Aarhus Denmark or Porto Portugal. You can expect up to 40 travel days a year. Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please apply on or before 7th. March 2023. Please contact Peter Stenvald Madsen, Hiring Manager at +45 4084 3742, with any questions.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.