Director, Head of Service Lean NCE
21 days ago
Service > Global Service Operations, Quality & HSE > Service Lean Global
The Global Service team is responsible for driving further our Service Business' continuous improvement and execution excellence culture. We support and improve the process for Strategy Deployment, work on establishing global concepts, and develop breakthrough improvements based on world class methodologies such as and Six Sigma.
- As a Senior member of the Global Service Lean Team, you will be part of a team of Lean Specialists and Six Sigma blackbelts in different geographical regions who will work constantly on increase the maturity of the Service business and executing improvements to reduce operational costs
- You will engage with all levels of the organization - from our Service Technicians, frontline operational organization, and Senior management team to create value for our customers, eliminate waste, and obtain big savings
- You will work in your region towards operational excellence in the categories of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (i.e., Inventory and productivity)
To succeed in this position, we expect that you have
- Academic degree Bachelor level or higher
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience and track of proven experience
- Experience within different environments (i.e., manufacturing, Service and transactional)
On the personal level it is very important that you possess influence and persuasiveness and have significant interpersonal skills together with solid stakeholder management skills. Moreover, we expect that you:
- Have experience driving improvements based on Value Stream and Communicating the next steps towards future state in a way that our technicians understand
- Have solid management experience, have a distant leadership approach, being able to support people remotely
- Possess either certification or certified experience or education in continuous improvement disciplines
- Have superior implementation and facilitation skills and experience with change management and implementation
- Have ability to create impact & connect with our workforce
- Can follow up in different countries (or areas within a country)
- Have superior written/verbal presentation and communication skills in English. Being able to speak the local language, depending on the work location, would be an advantage but not a requirement
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring and diverse work environment within the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. At Vestas, we aim at being sustainable in all aspects – both as employer and business partner. With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future. We value initiative, responsibility, involvement and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment and lots of passion. Vestas is growing and developing, and we want you to grow with us.
You will be based in our office from Aarhus, Denmark or from Hamburg, Germany. For this position up to 50 days of national and international traveling is expected.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact Senior Director, Global Service Lean, Kasper Vang Hilligsøe at +45 5221 1283.
If the above match your interest and your qualifications, please apply no later than 15th of June 2023. Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.