Interested in shaping the future design-for-quality methodology and contributing to the vision of designing best-in-class products?
If your answer is yes, we invite you to explore this exciting career opportunity!
Power Solutions > Applications, Controls & Electrical > Converter & Electrical Module
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Converter & Electrical Technical Management, as part of Converter & Electrical Module
The Converter & Electrical (C&E) Module is responsible for the technology advancement and product development of frequency converters, control systems, high-voltage transformers, switchgear, and cables for wind turbines. Within the C&E Module, the Technical Management serves as the organizational sub-module, guiding the technical direction across all functions. This position is integral to the technical management team.
Your primary responsibility is to enhance and implement top methodologies in design-for-quality of module components throughout the development cycle.
Your daily tasks include:
- Guide project design teams in Design for Reliability (DfR), including suppliers
- Review and approve project design team’s work
- Oversee installed fleet quality improvements
- Regularly assess historical fleet performance and manufacturing process capability, identifying necessary actions within the value chain
Your other responsibilities include:
- Direct Functional Leads in aspects such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and field failure data analysis through dotted-line reference
- Work closely with Senior Functional Leads in the technical management team under the guidance of the Module Design Owner
- Instill a 'quality mindset' within the module and sub-modules. Provide guidelines and methodologies
- +7 years of relevant experience in engineering and quality assurance practices for product design. Knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering
- Education in Electrical or Electronic Engineering providing an efficient, fact-based approach
- Proficiency in Design for Reliability, preferably with a 6-sigma black belt
- Familiarity with Physics-of-Failure modeling
- Experience in Reliability testing and Design of Experiment
- Competence in Tolerance Chain Analysis
- Proficient in Design & Process FMEA
- Possess a collaborative and open-minded talent
- Desire to be part of a global cross-functional team in an organization with personal, professional, and cultural diversity
- Curiosity for building value-creating, scalable, and documented solutions
- Thrive in a changeable environment with a creative mindset, adapting to ever-changing conditions
- Good communication skills paired with a proactive and problem-solving approach to task completion
- Aspiration to learn and teach
- Willingness to contribute to the common success of the team
What we offer
You will be a part of a highly dedicated team motivated by creating business value and by developing innovative technical solutions. We offer a place where your dreams of constantly learning can come true. We offer an informal and agile workplace with a high level of freedom in defining the way forward. We expect a lot of our team members when it comes to taking responsibility and ownership of tasks and deadlines, but we stand shoulder by shoulder when celebrating our achievements and mitigating our failures.
Our preferred work location for this role is our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
Up to 20 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 16/02/2024.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.