Data Platform Owner / Scientist
13 days ago
Digital Solutions > Data Management & Analytics > Data Reporting & AI
Data Reporting & AI, part of Digital Solutions, is responsible for products and services needed to run our reporting & data science platforms in an efficient way. We focus on training, internal communities and governance to empower our colleagues to get the most out of their data. Data Reporting & AI is a strategic area within Vestas Digital Solutions with the goal of becoming an increasingly relevant partner in business-critical solutions relying on data.
As an owner of the Data Science Platform, you will be joining us on our journey scaling our new data science platform in a global organization. We are working closely with many different business areas to enable them to get value from their data and help Vestas maintain its competitive edge. By doing so we empower more employees to do analytics, while ensuring we use our resources effectively. Your focus will be to get the highest value out of our data science platform by optimizing the platform to perform as efficiently and coherently as possible.
- Supervise, support, and improve our data science platform.
- Inspire and support the business in their development of data science solutions.
- Organize and conduct training activities.
- Offer best-practice recommendations for creating analytical models within our data science platform.
- Constantly evaluate and develop our AI strategy and governance principles, to match the business demands.
- Work with super users to understand requirements and improve our ongoing collaboration.
- A Bachelors or Master degree in IT, Technology, Science or relevant educational background.
- 2+ years of experience working within the Data Science area.
- Experience with Python, R, SQL or other programming languages.
- Experience working in cloud environments.
- Experience in Azure DevOps or similar tools to plan and execute tasks.
- Stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Dataiku is good to have.
- Thrives in collaborating with many different stakeholders and user profiles.
- Ability to take ownership and effectively engage in continuous improvements within a broader perspective.
- High-quality communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- You thrive in a changeable environment and have a flexible mindset to adapt the ever-changing conditions of this area.
- Ability to work collaboratively for the best interests of the business and the team.
- You have a passion for delivering and supporting data science products and services.
What we offer
We offer an exciting possibility to work with scaling a data science platform in a large global organization. Our team works with many different stakeholders, and we experience a great demand for our services. We work in an informal and agile environment with room for personal development and a high level of freedom in defining the way forward.
- This role is based in Aarhus,Denmark.
- We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 23rd March 2023.
- For further information please contact Ravi Bedadi, Senior Recruiter.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.