Commissioning Supervisor Level 1
9 days ago
EVP NCE > SBU NCE Construction & Operations > Commissioning Supervisors Team 2
In People Resource Management (PRM) we are excited to have a skilled committed team of highly qualified supervisors, ready to support our projects and ad hoc assignments in Europe and beyond. Our supervisors work on activities in commissioning on-/offshore, supporting some of the largest wind farm projects in the world. They are exposed daily to large wind turbine components. This entails working on large scale components which requires a mindset of safety and solid leadership skills. So, if you are looking to join a team, where people want to be tested and are highly motivated to find solutions, then we want to hear from you.
As a Commissioning Supervisor, you will be part of the on-/ offshore completion team, with whom you will work closely in getting the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) from installation, through commissioning and into operation. You must take all necessary actions to comply with Vestas' safety and quality standards. Our installation team at the WTG location will hand over the tasks to you and your team. You will work with several members of the construction, installation, and quality teams as well as sub-contractors and client construction teams, participating in all commissioning tasks, ensuring all tasks are carried out effectively in a safe and timely manner.
- Electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic work on WTG's.
- On-site supervision of new and less experienced supervisors and technicians.
- Implement WTG completion and start-ups.
- Troubleshoot, operate, and maintain WTG's.
- Identify, register, and handle deviations.
- Maintenance of WTG's and equipment.
- Ensure a safe work environment by acting in compliance with Vestas' HSE requirements.
- Must hold a technical education within an electrical/mechanical/hydraulics or area similar.
- Must hold experience working with electrical/hydraulics diagrams.
- An education in wind turbine experience is desirable and offshore experience is desired, however not necessary.
- Should hold experience in people management.
- Focused on Health & Safety Environment (HSE), Quality (QA/QC) and customer relations focused.
- English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Have good process understanding and delegation skills.
- Need to be a great collaborator with the ability to motivate and encourage team.
- Should demonstrate leadership and delegation skills.
- Focused on continuous improvement and result oriented.
- Can maintain focued, responsible and hard working even in stressful situations.
- Are enthusiastic, trusted and possess a motivated mindset.
What we offer:
We offer you an exciting career in a fast-growing industry with great opportunities for professional and personal development. Best in class training is provided and our "Buddy" programme ensures you feel welcome from day one.
Here is what one of our supervisors says about our department: "I feel enjoyment working as part of the commissioning team. It brings excitement and enthusiasm to know that I'm the first person to bring ''life'' to a complex electromechanical system, like a giant wind turbine. I find pleasure every time we troubleshoot difficult faults and its very satisfying knowing you are part of a team that completes and start up big scale wind parks, which provides greener energy to create a brighter future for us and our kids."
Primary work location: This candidate can be a resident of any North Central Europe country.
Expected number of days of travel: 180 days per year.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, however we do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 17/4/2023.
You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.