Cloud Network Architect
20 days ago
We are searching for a talented cloud network architect to manage our company's cloud network architecture and the boundaries towards our on-premises environments. You will play a strategic role in architecting our hybrid network landscape including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
Digital Solutions > Digital Technology Solutions > Digital Core Infrastructure
With direct reference to Vestas ExM, Digital Solutions drives end-to-end digitalization within Vestas. The newly consolidated function is responsible for improving IT efficiency, integrate digital solutions further into our customer offering, improve our employees' digital experience, responsible for enterprise cyber security and support our core processes across the value chain.
The department, Digital Core Infrastructure is a part of the User Productivity & Digital foundation (UPDF) area within Digital Solutions. We develop and deliver strategies, roadmaps, portfolios through a business case driven approach to ensure a continuation and modernization of Vestas Data Centers and Cloud technologies on a global scale. We are responsible for enhancing quality and reliability of our deliverables through Automation which enables a solid performance and competitive advantage for Vestas in commercial aspects and execution of our enterprise IT solutions.
In your position as an Architect with primary responsibility for Cloud Networking, your responsibility will be:
- Designing and implementing all aspects of hybrid network connections including high-availability, scalability and security
- Streamlining and automating all network provisioning with Infrastructure as code together with our Automation Architects
- Streamline hybrid infrastructure architecture and process
- Ensure and build security aligned with high level requirements governed by governance and guidelines
You have a solid understanding of cloud computing, technology systems and design of network solutions in cloud and on-prem environments – either gained through previous roles or through an academic degree specialized in cloud and network technology.
Moreover, we hope that you have some of these qualifications:
- Deep knowledge in networking area including routing, switching and security aspects
- Deep knowledge in at least one of 3 major cloud providers, preferably Azure with focus on Networking
- Experience with dynamic routing protocols OSPF/EIGRP/BGP and IPSec VPNs
- Experience in setting up all networking & routing aspects of cloud - VPC routing, Transit gateways, Site-to-Site VPNs etc. is beneficial
- Experience in global and regional cloud network routing and security enforcement mechanisms
- Skills and mindset with a focus on infrastructure automation and cloud opportunities
- Cisco CCPN and Microsoft AZ-700 Cloud networking certification is beneficial
- An open-minded and curious person with good communication skills combined with an innovative and problem-solving approach to getting the job done
- Aspiration to learn and ability to work with no supervision, efficiently and with persistence
- Good cooperative skills suitable for a global organization with personal, professional and cultural diversity
- Ability to take ownership and effectively engage in continuous improvements within a broader perspective
- A team-oriented person who shows a flexible approach to the tasks at hand and wants to contribute to the common success of the team
What we offer
You will be working with hot spot innovative technology that is constantly transforming companies including Vestas, testing the limits, influencing people, processes and technology. You will be a part of a highly dedicated and passionate team driven equally by creating business value and by developing innovative technical solutions.
We offer a place where your dreams of constantly learning can come true. We offer an informal and agile workplace with a high level of freedom in defining the way forward. We expect a lot of our team members when it comes to taking responsibility and ownership of tasks and deadlines, but we stand shoulder by shoulder when celebrating our achievements and mitigating our failures.
The role will be based in Aarhus N, Denmark
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before March 24th 2023
For additional information regarding the position, please contact Director, Digital Core Infrastructure, Kenth Hvam via phone +4520587718
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.