Senior IFRS Financial Reporting Specialist (all genders)
6 days ago
As Europe's leading provider in the field of micromobility, TIER's mission is to change mobility for the better. And to do that, we need talents like you who love innovation and exciting challenges as much as we do. Help us make mobility more sustainable and become part of the team!
THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with a range of shared, light electric vehicles, from e-scooters to e-bikes and e-mopeds, powered by a proprietary Energy Network, TIER helps cities reduce their dependence on cars. Founded in 2018 by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
TIER is headquartered in Berlin and currently operates in 190+ cities across 20 countries in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Support in accurate, timely and consistent preparation of IFRS financial statement for a group with approx. +30 legal entities
- Participate in Group closing and consolidation operations including of the intercompany reconciliation process and quality review of reporting packages of subsidiaries
- Support the local accounting teams to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with IFRS and Group reporting requirements
- Take part in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements with notes according to IFRS
- Facilitate answers on requests of financial data, explanations and documentation that can be used by numerous internal stakeholders
- Cooperate with group and local audit teams in fulfilling audit requirements and monitoring deadlines
- Support in implementation and development of accounting and/or reporting processes, policies, procedures and systems to strengthen quality framework and finance knowledge across the organization
- Research and document the implementation of new accounting standards and reporting requirements, and assess impact
- Support with ad hoc requests from top management
- Support in Post merger integration activities
YOU'LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Competencies & professional skills:
- +7 years experience in Accounting and Financial Reporting, preferably in a public listed company or in an international accounting or Big 4 audit company
- Qualified Accountant (e.g.hold an ACCA or CPA/CA license or similar)
- Very strong IFRS Experience (especially with IFRS 2, IFRS 3, IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IAS 38)
- German GAAP (HGB) experience is an advantage
- Familiar with consolidation and reporting
- Is experienced in IC reconciliations of international subsidiaries with multi-currencies
- Experience with conversion of local GAAP figures to IFRS reporting standards
- Prior merger & acquisition experience preferred
- Netsuite experience is an advantage
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and remote teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required to assist with the analysis of complex accounting questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical attitude, ability to quickly learn new systems and procedures
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and changing environment
- Being a team player
- High sense of responsibility, great commitment, high flexibility, high confidentiality
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Fluent in English (our company language) and German is a must
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We're agile, we're growing and so will you! At TIER, there's space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you're part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles - We support your growth with an annual development budget
- In your 2nd year at Tier you have the opportunity to take advantage of our "CPTO: Second Year Growth Program"
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee's individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you're the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!