Head of People Operations (all genders)
As Europe's leading provider in the field of micromobility, TIER's mission is to change mobility for the better. And to do that, we need talents like you who love innovation and exciting challenges as much as we do. Help us make mobility more sustainable and become part of the team!
THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with a range of shared, light electric vehicles, from e-scooters to e-bikes and e-mopeds, powered by a proprietary Energy Network, TIER helps cities reduce their dependence on cars. Founded in 2018 by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
TIER is headquartered in Berlin and currently operates in 190+ cities across 20 countries in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
Under the leadership of the Director of People Operations, the Head of People Operations will help to provide an exceptional experience to our employees.
- Manage employee records and policies, implementing adequate processes and audits, in compliance with recent German employment law updates (ie - national/local laws, new hire notification requirements, labour laws, unemployment claims, records retention policies, etc)
- Own the development, implementation, and evolution of core programs in the employee lifecycle for seamless employee experience across benefits, onboarding and offboarding, immigration & compliance
- Help to lead People data and technology projects by obtaining key partner buy-in, developing requirements, preparing and delivering change management, implementing, and conducting after action reviews for feedback and improvements
- You take over the communication with required German authorities of whom we collaborate closely with
- Review and adapt the People Team’s service delivery structure to meet changing business needs (ie – some programs delivered centrally through the HR Operations team and some through HR business partners or talent acquisition teams)
- Identify opportunities for automation, and reduction of manual processes
- Strong understanding of the importance of data integrity and reliability, testing of system changes, and analysing data flows for process improvement opportunities
- Enable and encourage People Operations to utilise data and analytics to drive decision-making
- Monitor and enhance service delivery standards to ensure global consistency, ultimately enhancing both manager and team member experiences.
- Oversee sourcing new software programs, implementation, contract renewals, and external vendor management
- Experience providing consultative support for executives and People Teams, translating business goals into analytics solutions, including providing data for all levels of the organisation from line level to Executive Leadership
- Experience with ticketing systems as well as the ability to manage and resolve tasks raised via our People Support Portal, in a timely manner
- Demonstrated sound judgement when working through complex issues
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- People Operations/HR Generalist with 10+ years of experience, startup experience is a plus
- Getting things done mentality and passion for people
- Demonstrable experience managing both managers & individual contributors
- Expertise in labour law and administrative People/HR topics for Germany - Austria & Switzerland would be a bonus
- Eager to dive into new topics and continuously grow with the organisation
- Excellent communication in German and English
- Excited to build-up People Excellence in both centrally and regional
GET AN IMPRESSION OF THE TEAM
You will be joining the team where the journey starts at TIER: The People Operations team is driven by the mission to onboard, serve and support the best talent to change mobility for good. We are strategic partners, with a strong service mindset and the right sense of humour. We thrive on providing an exceptional people experience and believe that diversity is the key to our success. We love what we do and we accept the challenge to multitask and work on cross-functional projects within a fast paced and dynamic environment. We are a team of passionate, curious, and ambitious people, working side by side with each other to build up a diverse and strong team at TIER.
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles - We support your growth with an annual development budget
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
- Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!