As Europe's leading provider in the field of micromobility, TIER's mission is to change mobility for the better. And to do that, we need talents like you who love innovation and exciting challenges as much as we do. Help us make mobility more sustainable and become part of the team!
Location: Germany (Remote)
Permanent / Full-time
THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with a range of shared, light electric vehicles, from e-scooters to e-bikes and e-mopeds, powered by a proprietary Energy Network, TIER helps cities reduce their dependence on cars. Founded in 2018 by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
TIER is headquartered in Berlin and currently operates in 190+ cities across 20 countries in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
We're looking for a strong technical accountant who can push boundaries and develop new ways of thinking about numbers and reporting results.
- 10yrs+ PQE, preferably Big 4 Trained
- 5yrs+ experience in industry leading high-performance teams (20+)
- Significant transactional exposure / M&A
- Experience in preparing a company for an initial public offering (IPO) would be highly beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive "can do" attitude and eagerness to own and take responsibility over projects and processes
- Fluent in English (our company language) and German is a must
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Lead, manage and further develop the accounting and finance team, ensuring they are meeting their objectives and delivering high-quality work
- Build high-in class accounting processes for +25 Legal entities present in different jurisdictions and harmonize internal processes
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and reporting requirements, including those of the German government and regulatory bodies
- Continuously monitor and improve the company's financial processes and systems to ensure efficiency, accuracy and scalability
- Drive process improvements within the accounting and finance function, leveraging automation and technology (software systems) to streamline workflows and increase efficiency.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with financial institutions, auditors, tax advisors, regulatory bodies and other external partners and ensure that all reporting requirements are met in an emery and accurate manner, including tax reporting
- Monitor and manage the company's cash flow, ensuring that there is adequate liquidity to meet the company's obligations
- Monitor and analyze key financial metrics, providing insights and recommendations to senior management for informed decision-making.
- Collaborate closely with the VP Finance and CFO and other senior leaders to develop and execute financial strategies that align with the company's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as product development and sales & marketing, to support strategic initiatives, business decisions, and financial planning.
- Provide guidance and support during due diligence processes for potential mergers, acquisitions, or other business transactions.
- Provide leadership, development and motivation, and set clear team and individual goals to develop and promote a sustainable team structure
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We're agile, we're growing and so will you! At TIER, there's space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you're part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles - We support your growth with an annual development budget
- In your 2nd year at Tier you have the opportunity to take advantage of our "CPTO: Second Year Growth Program"
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded start-ups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
- Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee's individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you're the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!