TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with its e-scooter, e-bike and pedal bike services, the company enables cities to create more sustainable environments and move towards a zero-emission future. Following the acquisition of nextbike, TIER is now present in 700+ cities and communities in 29 countries with a fleet of more than 315,000 vehicles. This makes TIER the largest multimodal micro-mobility operator in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
TIER’s investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, Goodwater Capital and White Star Capital.
Permanent employee, Full-time
THIS IS US
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with a range of shared, light electric vehicles, from e-scooters to e-bikes and e-mopeds, powered by a proprietary Energy Network, TIER helps cities reduce their dependence on cars. Founded in 2018 by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
TIER is headquartered in Berlin and currently operates in 190+ cities across 20 countries in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
On 10 January 2024 TIER and DOTT announced a preliminary agreement to bring the two companies together to form Europe’s leading micro-mobility operator. Together, the companies generate combined revenues of €250M, supporting over 125M trips a year in more than 20 countries. With operations in major global cities including Berlin, Brussels, Dubai, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome, Tel Aviv and Warsaw, the business will be well positioned to be profitable and support the transition to more sustainable transport.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Lead the continued development and evolution of the Global Tax team, ensuring they are meeting their objectives and delivering high-quality work
- Oversee VAT, Corporate Tax and Withholding Tax compliance
- Responsibility for global Transfer Pricing setup (Processes, Documentation, Implementation)
- Coordinate and Provide support for M&A and integration projects
- Coordinate external consultants globally
- Coordinate and manage Tax Audits globally
- Ensure proper Tax reporting in closing processes
- Provide and ensure support as inhouse Tax consultant to all Departments (for Germany and abroad)
- Ensure proper setup of Tax processes in group companies abroad
- Support global company initiatives as opening new countries and implementation of new products
- Monitor and implement Tax Regulations in Germany and abroad
- Group tax subject matter expert able to critically evaluate and clearly articulate key risks / judgments to finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with tax advisors, regulatory bodies and other external partners and ensure that all reporting requirements are met in an timelyand accurate manner
- Continuously monitor and improve the company's tax processes and systems to ensure efficiency, accuracy and scalability
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, who can motivate and inspire the centralised Global tax team
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- German tax advisor qualification with 7+ years PQE, covering compliance, advisory and reporting
- Substantial experience with other European tax jurisdictions outside Germany
- Experience across corporate tax, indirect taxes, transfer pricing (with focus on Europe)
- Strong ability to develop and lead high performing and diverse tax teams
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English and German (spoken and written)
- Strong practical experience in leading transactions and integration related activity
- Experience in building and leading a high performing team
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A continuous improvement mind set, committed to building a high quality tax function
- Positive “can do” attitude and eagerness to own and take responsibility over projects and processes
- Additional bonuses: D2C / mobility experience and / or exposure to NetSuite
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- For Head Office roles - We support your growth with an annual development budget
- In your 2nd year at Tier you have the opportunity to take advantage of our “CPTO: Second Year Growth Program”
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Urban Sports Club, Blinklist and Headspace
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
- Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!