New to Nature Traineeship
The Wildlife Trusts
Taunton, United Kingdom
25 days ago
NEW TO NATURE
New to Nature is an exciting programme of paid work placements in nature-focused roles. This is one of 70 roles that will be created across the UK to encourage young and diverse talent into the Natural Environment sector.
We’re particularly interested in receiving applications from young people (aged 18-25) who are from ethnically diverse backgrounds, who are living with a disability or are from low-income households.
THE ROLE WITH SOMERSET WILDLIFE TRUST
You'll be supported and mentored by reserves staff and have the opportunity to get practical experience and training in nature conservation and the management and maintenance of Somerset Wildlife Trust's fantastic nature reserves.
You will get a chance to undertake a range of practical nature conservation activities to help manage trees and woodlands, grassland and meadows, complete surveys and species ID, develop skills in conservation grazing, visitor management, publicity and interpretation of wildlife for different audiences, as well as learning about site safety, leading groups and working with volunteers.
The 1-year placement will enable you work through all four different seasons of reserves management giving you practical experience, skills and an understanding of the types of conservation roles available.
We're looking for someone with:
- A keen interest in the natural environment and wildlife conservation
- A keen interest in working outdoors and managing land for conservation
- Interest in undertaking practical work tasks such as vegetation management and fence repairs
- Experience of learning and undertaking tasks
- Experience of communicating with a range of people
- Experience of undertaking volunteering work to help manage land for nature
- Enthusiastic, motivated and willing to learn new tasks
More information can be found in the Information Pack at the bottom of this page - applications open from 18th January to 17h February. You can also get in touch with us at email@example.com or on 01823 652400, please ask for Victoria.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Apply Here
- New to Nature Traineeship Information Pack.pdf