Wildlife Fundraising - Membership Recruiter
The Wildlife Trusts
Reading, United Kingdom
8 days ago
0333 3207 273 or 07305 000394 (recruitment)
We are looking for enthusiastic and driven people to join our team of regional Membership Fundraisers working at local venues and events. The aim of the role is to encourage people to join their local Wildlife Trust and support the vital work they do by way of a monthly direct debit.
- You must have a valid driving licence and access to a car/van - transportation of equipment and materials is essential.
- Weekend working required.
- Will include outdoor work using a gazebo and other equipment.
Our Membership Recruiters work independently at venues (pre-booked by our in-house team). Venues typically include local shops, farmer’s markets, garden centres, nature reserves and county shows/events. Our fundraising activities have been adapted to be Covid-safe with additional materials and health and safety processes in place.
If you have fundraising/sales experience, an outgoing personality and an interest in nature and your local environment then we would love to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your experience to a position where you can contribute directly to cause that you are passionate about.
Naturalist and broadcaster Michaela Strachan meeting one of our Membership Recruiters, Martin.
- 6-hour days at pre-booked various venues/events
- Part time, 18 to 24 hours (3 or 4 days) per week required including weekends & bank holidays
- Permanent contract with fixed days per week
- Full training, branded uniform and equipment/materials provided
Salary: Average earnings of £18 per hour with potential to achieve realistic earnings of over £45 per hour with commission. Guaranteed minimum wage of £10 (this is not a commission only job).
- Uncapped commission
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Full charity-branded uniform, kit and ID badge provided
- Pension Scheme
- Travel contribution
- Holiday pay
- 20 days holiday entitlement
- Field sales or face-to-face charity fundraising experience, or transferable skills
- Effective communicator
- Outgoing and friendly
- Comfortable with working to targets/KPIs
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
If you feel that this job is for you, then please apply by downloading and completing the Application Form below. We will contact you to discuss the role in further detail if your application is successful.
Please note that by applying for this job you may be subject to a DBS check.
- Wildlife Fundraising F2F Job Description Oct 2021.pdf
- WFCL Application Form - F2F 2021.doc