Wildlife Fundraising - Membership Recruiter
The Wildlife Trusts
Reading, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
For more information, please contact:
07305 000394 (Recruitment)
0333 3207 273 (Main Office)
Join our team to help tackle the climate and
We are looking for engaging and inspiring people to join our team of regional Membership Recruiters working at local venues and events. The aim of the role is to encourage people to join their local Wildlife Trust and support the vital work they do by way of a monthly direct debit.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your experience to a position where you can contribute directly to a cause that you are passionate about. Together, we are tackling the climate and nature crisis - starting with the ambition of 30% of the UK's land and seas connected and protected for nature by 2030 - so that we might all enjoy a wilder future.
- Six-hour days at pre-booked various venues and events
- Part-time, three or four days per week required including regular weekend days & bank holidays
- Permanent contract with fixed days
- Uncapped commission, top performers working four days per week can earn over £45,000 per year
- Average annual salary of £25,000 based on four days per week (£31,200 FTE)
- Guaranteed minimum wage of £14 per hour during probation, and £10 thereafter (this is not a commission-only job)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Thirty days holiday entitlement (inc. bank holidays, pro-rata)
- Pension Scheme
- Travel contribution
- Full charity-branded uniform, kit and ID badge provided
- Chartered Institute of Fundraising approved training
- Supportive team in the field and office
Naturalist and broadcaster Michaela Strachan meeting one of our Membership Recruiters, Martin.
- Valid driving licence and access to a car/ van (transportation of equipment, including a gazebo and promotional materials, is essential)
- A sales or face-to-face fundraising background is welcome but not essential.
- Enjoys working in the field rather than being stuck behind a desk in an office
- Effective communicator
- Outgoing and friendly
- Comfortable with working to targets/ KPIs
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Will include outdoor working using a gazebo and other display equipment
How it works
- Candidates are screened over the phone and booked into a face-to-face interview with their local Team Leader
- All new starters receive one day of paid induction training at our central HQ and a further two days of paid on-site training at venues. Our comprehensive training includes charity-specific training, objection handling and a thorough introduction to our company culture and ethics
- Immediate starts available with fortnightly induction training sessions at our office near Bicester, Oxfordshire
If you feel that this job is for you, then please apply with a covering letter and CV. We will contact you to discuss the role in further detail if your CV is selected.
Please note that by applying for this job you may be subject to a DBS check.
- Wildlife Fundraising F2F Job Description 2022.pdf
- WFCL Application Form - F2F 2022.doc