Landscape Recovery Manager (Derwent Valley)
The Wildlife Trusts
Matlock, United Kingdom
19 days ago
For more information please refer to the job description and key terms on our website. If you have any questions about the role which are not answered in the attached documents or require any adjustments to the application process, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01773 881188.
Find out more...
In this role you will develop partnerships, projects and programmes which develop our Living Landscapes and promote confident, pro-active local support and engagement.
You will be based at Derbyshire Wildlife Trust but you will work very closely with a large number of other external stakeholders.
To be successful, you will need to care deeply about landscape recovery, rewilding and you will thrive when managing a wide range of stakeholder views.
- Develop and deliver our Wilder Derbyshire Strategy in the Derwent Valley - we have some great foundations in place and it will be your job to lead on developing Derbyshire Wildlife Trust’s Nature Recovery Network in the Derwent Valley Lead on developing our role as host of the Derbyshire Derwent Catchment Partnership.
- You will collaborate with others to work strategically across the Derbyshire Derwent Catchment area to identify opportunities for catchment restoration. Depending on the result of DEFRA’s Wild Beaver Consultation, you’ll lead the Living Rivers Team to create a Derbyshire-wide strategy for wild and/or enclosed beaver reintroductions.
- Leadership -you’ll be a trusted advisor, coach and source of information and support for the Trust; keeping abreast of emerging science on rewilding and acting as a key spokesperson when required.
- Grow our Delivery Programme – we are a fast moving and fast growing organisation. You will help to ensure we continue to grow our work, showing a good eye for spotting commercial opportunities and developing innovative partnerships.
- Improve our Impact - you will leverage our platform and reputation, playing an active role in developing links with partners and the wider sector as well as regularly promoting rewilding projects and opportunities via media and social media.
- Build Diverse Community Partnerships -you will help to drive the development of the Trusts networks locally and regionally in an inclusive way; continually involving local people and communities and inspiring people to act for wildlife.
- Inclusive Culture you will inspire an agile, inclusive and creative culture, embracing new technology and adopting fresh approaches to support delivery of our ambitious aims, ensuring we are able to harness opportunities, secure new funding sources, remove barriers and overcome challenges.
- Promoting Participation- You’ll be responsible for driving inclusive participation, developing programmes that promote diversity, strengthen communities and support inclusion.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th September
This role might be right for you if:
- You are a strategic thinker with experience of building and inspiring teams- leaning on your practical experience when coaching team members and volunteers
- You are passionate about landscape recovery, have direct experience of rewilding work and working at landscape scale
- You have secured large grants and contracts
- You have demonstrable experience of building partnerships
- You are comfortable talking to a diverse range of stakeholders with different interests, perspectives and personalities
- You thrive in an ever-evolving environment, demonstrating drive and tact as you navigate change
- You have good digital skills and are excited about the opportunity to create something new and unexpected
We are happy to talk flexible working!
We are happy to discuss the hours for this role. The Trust is currently trialling a 9 Day Fortnight working pattern which see’s full-time staff working 74 hours over 9 days and having every other Friday ‘off’ work.
This role will be based at our office in Middleton although a balance of home and office working will be allowed. We are a local charity so applicants should be easily able to access our office and other locations around the county.