Seasonal Outdoor Learning Officer
We’re looking for a Seasonal Outdoor Learning Officer to help achieve our vision of London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife.
In this role, you’ll be supporting our Learning & Engagement team, ensuring that our outdoor learning programmes are planned, delivered and monitored successfully during our busiest months.
Role & Responsibilities
You'll plan, deliver and monitor the Trust's outdoor learning programmes at our nature reserves across London. This includes a curriculum-linked primary schools education programme (EYFS, KS1 & 2), and a family learning programme.
- To deliver an onsite curriculum-linked primary schools education programme (EYFS, KS1 & 2), centred around natural and industrial heritage for local schools
- To assist in planning and delivery of family learning workshops, during the school holidays and at weekends when required
(up to three weekend days per month, for which time off in lieu will be given)
- To support with the training, coordination and supervision of volunteers
- To plan and coordinate resources for the outdoor learning programme, including expenditure tracking in line with allocated budgets
- To keep accurate and timely records, including session information, H&S records and volunteer registrations
- To regularly monitor, collate and evaluate feedback from participants, processing this information to contribute to reports
- To work with staff teams to ensure that our site facilities are kept open, accessible, clean and well-presented. This will include patrolling, visitor management and occasional reception desk cover at Walthamstow Wetlands.
- To support site staff in managing visitor behaviour in line with site rules, by undertaking patrols and positive engagement opportunities
Please see job description for full list of responsibilities
What’s in it for you?
Salary: £27,865 per annum (pro rata)
Tenure: Fixed-term until 31st August 2024, full-time
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Pension scheme
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you inside and outside of work
- Supportive and inclusive policies including a family-friendly policy and enhanced flexible working policy
- ‘Staff Day’ once a quarter where you can get involved in conservation work on one of our sites
Our ideal Seasonal Outdoor Learning Officer
- Experience working with children in an outdoor setting, including behaviour management
- Knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum in England
- Knowledge of UK wildlife, with strong identification skills
- A practical understanding of legislation relevant to the role; including safeguarding children and young people (with associated welfare issues), health and safety regulations, data protection and GDPR principles
- Self-motivated individual with strong ability to use initiative and work to deadlines
- Excellent administration and organisational skills, including proficient user of MS Office
Please see job description for full person specification
An enhanced DBS is required for this role
Closing Date: 9am 12th February
Interviews will be taking place week commencing 19th February
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. In order to achieve our goal of engaging everyone in protecting London’s wildlife for the future, we know that our staff team needs to better reflect and represent all of London’s communities. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all. Alongside our inclusive Talent policy which outlines are commitments including giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders, we also offer an enhanced flexible working policy which is available to you from your very first day.
Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion here: https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/jobs