We’re looking for an experienced Finance Officer to join our small finance team. You’ll play an important role in ensuring the effective financial administration of our trading arm, London Wildlife Limited, helping us to collectively achieve our vision of London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that all payments due to London Wildlife Limited (LWL) are correctly allocated, keeping accurate records of purchase invoices and payments, and responding to internal and external sales/purchase ledger queries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Raising sales invoices on the finance system based on sales orders from budget holders and checking budgets, following up on management account reviews etc.
- Providing support and advice to staff, including training and mentoring in relation to Xledger and our finance policies
- Maintaining cashbook records, including cash from a variety of platforms on Xledger for LWL bank accounts and credit cards, ensuring entries are complete and accurate including correct treatment of Vat
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of purchase and sale ledgers for LWL including relevant backup and ensuring these are reconciled to control accounts
- Setting up weekly BACS payment runs in Xledger for LWL
- Processing and paying monthly expenses claims in Xledger, ensuring compliance with LWT policies
- Preparing and posting journals as requested to reallocate income / expenditure
- Assisting with year-end audit procedures and deal with relevant queries and questions
- Forging close working relationships with all LWT teams, ensuring open lines of communication so that issues can be picked up and resolved quickly, to manage and minimise risk/impact
- Maintaining an appropriate level of confidentiality at all times
Please see job description for full list of responsibilities
What’s in it for you?
Salary: £26,704 per annum (£16,022 working 3 days per week)
Tenure: Permanent, part-time contract (3 days per week)
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Salary sacrifice schemes including nursery/childcare, gym and bike
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you inside and outside of work
- Supportive and inclusive policies including a family-friendly policy and enhanced flexible working policy
- ‘Staff Day’ once a quarter where you can get involved in conservation work on one of our sites
Our ideal Finance Officer:
- Proven experience in a similar finance role
- Knowledge and experience in implementing financial systems and internal controls
- Experienced user of financial accounting packages
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please see job description for full person specification
Closing Date: 22nd September
Interviews: 3rd October
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. In order to achieve our goal of engaging everyone in protecting London’s wildlife for the future, we know that our staff team needs to better reflect and represent all of London’s communities. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all. Alongside our inclusive Talent policy which outlines are commitments including giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders, we also offer an enhanced flexible working policy which is available to you from your very first day.
Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion here: https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/equality-diversity-and-inclusion