Café & Event Support Staff
The Wildlife Trusts
London, United Kingdom
4 days ago
Want to work for a good cause and benefit from spectacular views? We’re looking for team members to join our Coal House cafe and help achieve our vision of London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife.
We’re looking for a mixture of full-time and part-time staff with flexible hours on offer.
Start Date: Flexible
- Offer a warm welcome to guests, with excellent customer service
- Take customer’s orders and payment in a quick, efficient and friendly manner
- Know the full range of food and drinks on the menu plus ingredients of each dish (paying particular attention to any allergens)
- Serve the food and drinks either at the counter or to the customer’s table as requested
- Work with the staff team in an efficient and collaborative manner, helping in the kitchen to prepare food dishes or the barista prepare drinks during busy periods
- Ensure that all areas of the café (kitchen, dining areas, and facilities) are kept in a clean, tidy and welcoming manner, performing regular checks
- Excellent customer service skills, (café/hospitality setting would be advantageous) with the ability to recognise and welcome returning customers
- An ability to take clear instructions, prioritise workload and organise work effectively to meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills, adaptable and an ability to use initiative
- Helpful manner, tact and diplomacy, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good numeracy and memory for taking payments and orders accurately
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! If you are interested in working with us on a new site in a wonderful environment, please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve and welcome a diverse population of staff and volunteers who are able to make a real contribution to the work of London Wildlife Trust. Our efforts extend beyond recruitment. Our policies are designed to support our people including an enhanced Flexible Working policy and an inclusive Talent policy which includes our commitment to giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders. Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion here: https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/jobs