The Wildlife Trusts
London, United Kingdom
2 days ago
Café Assistant (full-time)
Looking for a new challenge within the hospitality industry? Love beautiful scenery and working for a good cause? Get in touch now! We are looking for a personable and hardworking team player to join our fast-growing Hospitality team. We would accept applicants wanting to work either 4 or 5 days per week across a 7-day rota.
Offer a warm welcome to guests, with excellent customer service
- Take customer’s orders and payment in a quick, efficient and friendly manner
- Know the full range of food and drinks on the menu plus ingredients of each dish (paying particular attention to any allergens)
- Serve the food and drinks either at the counter or to the customer’s table as requested
- Work with the staff team in an efficient and collaborative manner, helping in the kitchen to prepare food dishes or the barista prepare drinks during busy periods
- Ensure that all areas of the café (kitchen, dining areas, and facilities) are kept in a clean, tidy and welcoming manner, performing regular checks
What’s in it for you?
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Tenure: Permanent, full-time contract
Location: Coal House Cafe, Woodberry Wetlands, Lordship Road, New River Path, London, N16 5HQ
25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Pension scheme
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you inside and outside of work
- Supportive and inclusive policies including a family-friendly policy and enhanced flexible working policy
- ‘Staff Day’ once a quarter where you can get involved in conservation work on one of our sites
Our ideal Café Assistant:
- Excellent customer service skills, (café/hospitality setting would be advantageous) with the ability to recognise and welcome returning customers
- An ability to take clear instructions, prioritise workload and organise work effectively to meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills, adaptable and an ability to use initiative
- Helpful manner, tact and diplomacy, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good numeracy and memory for taking payments and orders accurately
( Please see job description for full person specification)
Closing Date: 27th March
Interviews: 4th & 5th April
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Our vision is a London alive with nature, where everyone can experience and enjoy wildlife. In order to achieve our goal of engaging everyone in protecting London’s wildlife for the future, we know that our staff team needs to better reflect and represent all of London’s communities. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all. Alongside our inclusive Talent policy which outlines are commitments including giving fair opportunities to ex-offenders, we also offer an enhanced flexible working policy which is available to you from your very first day.
Read more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion here: https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/jobs