Job title: Café Team Leader
Responsible to: Café Manager
Responsible for: Café Team Members
Based at: Queenswood Country Park
Hourly rate: £11.92
Hours: 37 (to include regular weekends and occasional bank holidays)
Please note that we do not accept CV's. To be considered for the role, apply on the following link: https://hr.breathehr.com/v/cafe-team-leader-33790
Herefordshire Wildlife Trust (HWT) is a wildlife conservation charity for everyone who cares about nature in Herefordshire. We are dedicated to protecting the special wildlife in Herefordshire and encouraging people to enjoy, care for and act for nature. We own and manage 55 Nature Reserves across the county and have over 6500 members. Our Vision for Wildlife aims to place nature’s recovery at the forefront of tackling the climate emergency - for wildlife itself, for the natural services it provides and for everyone’s wellbeing. Together we can make sure that future generations living in Herefordshire will be able to enjoy the sense of wonder and well-being that nature offers.
Purpose of Post
This post is part of our catering operation at Queenswood Arboretum & Country Park. We will deliver the highest of standards to help ensure that visitors to the Reserve have a fantastic experience.
As the Café Team Leader you will support the Café Manager in delivering the café operation. You will lead and manage the Café in the absence of the Café Manager.
Our catering operation at the Reserve compliments the wider work of the Trust to engage and inspire families to be more active in the outdoors.
The commercial team play a fundamental role in the experience which people have with our engagement work, and so we are looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals who want to be part of our ambition to improve the lives of families in the local area and beyond.
We are looking for candidates with varying availability to cover weekend shifts and peak trading periods.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Our Café Team Leader will predominantly work in our on-site café/restaurant in the front of house, providing a friendly and efficient service to customers and maintaining a high quality of operational standards.
As well as working in our front of house you will also assist in our kitchen, doing low level food prep such as making sandwiches, cooking food and running plates through our pot-wash, as well as cleaning and always keeping the catering space clean and tidy. You will clean the space you work in, as well as help to look after the visitor facilities throughout the day. You will work with senior staff to ensure that the catering offering is an integral part of the visitor experience, and you will help to develop a reputation for excellent food.
This role will be based at Queenswood, although on rare occasions you may be asked to support at our other locations in the local area (with travel expenses covered).
· Lead the Café Team in the absence of the Café Manager.
· Deliver the highest standards of food and drink preparation and presentation.
· Accurately manage transactions with customers using cash registers.
· Deliver excellent customer service and strive to exceed visitor expectations at all times, helping us to establish a reputation for consistently delivering high quality food and service.
· Provide visitors with information on food composition, ingredients and menu and food displays.
· Help to maintain sales through the preparation of sandwiches in line with demand, ensuring clean and polished cutlery, crockery, glassware, and that trays are washed and returned to the restaurant in line with demand.
· Assist with the delivery of conferences, weddings and other functions as required.
· Take a personal responsibility for Food Hygiene standards whilst performing daily tasks, ensuring personal work stations are clean and tidy at all times.
· Maintain cash and stock security.
· Display and re-stock all condiments and garnishes as necessary.
· Follow daily and weekly site cleaning programmes.
· Follow COSHH regulations.
· Work in our kitchen preparing simple food such as sandwiches and cooking chips and other oven ready items.
· Maintain a clean and safe kitchen space, including operating our pot wash area.
· Uphold the licencing objectives in regards to the sale of alcohol.
· Actively maintain knowledge of the product ranges so that you are able to assist and advise visitors with their purchases.
· The job holder is required to follow and comply with all policies and procedures of the Trust which includes the Trust’s Health and Safety procedures in the workplace, ensuring personal safety and the safeguarding of the interests and safety of all staff, trainees, visitors, and others at the Trust.
· To work as part of a team alongside staff and volunteers as required.
· To uphold the working values and expectations of the Herefordshire Wildlife Trust.
· To carry out other duties relevant to your post as reasonably required by your line manager.
· To maintain a clean and welcoming environment for our visitors, this includes cleaning our public areas and washroom facilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.92 per hour
Expected hours: 37 per week
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person