Clyde valley Ranger
The Wildlife Trusts
Lanark, United Kingdom
30 days ago
Falls of Clyde, The Falls of Clyde reserve lies approximately 1 mile south of the town of Lanark, and is reached through the historic village of New Lanark, signposted from all major routes.
The main entry to the reserve is at New Lanark, with another entrance at West Lodge, Corehouse., Lanark, ML11 9TQ
Title: Clyde Valley Ranger
Salary: £24,741.68 per annum
Location: Falls of Clyde Wildlife Reserve
Closing date: 30 January 2023
For nearly 60 ears, the Scottish Wildlife Trust has worked with its members, partners and supporters in pursuit of its vision of healthy, resilient ecosystems across Scotland’s land and seas. The Trust successfully champions the cause of wildlife through policy and campaigning work, demonstrates best practice through practical conservation and innovative partnerships, and inspires people to take positive action through its education and engagement activities.
We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic individual to join our team at Falls of Clyde Wildlife Reserve. This post carries a significant level of responsibility and offers great potential for the right person to make a real impact. In addition, you will assist the area Reserves Manager in the management of four other wildlife reserves within the South Lanarkshire area.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Reserves Manager to protect and enhance five wildlife reserves including the Falls of Clyde Wildlife Reserve, two of which form part of the Clyde Valley Woodlands National Nature Reserve.
- Manage contractors and volunteers, undertaking practical conservation work and biological monitoring across the reserves.
- Work with the Visitor Experience Manager at Falls of Clyde to develop and run a program of events and activities to raise the profile of the Clyde Valley reserves, and the Scottish Wildlife Trust in general;
- Utilise and develop the reserves as sites for education, advanced research, and lifelong learning, including promoting these opportunities through social media.
- Manage budget, including annual budget planning in conjunction with the Reserves Manager.
- Line manage the Falls of Clyde Seasonal Ranger.
- Assist in securing project funds to allow future implementation and development of conservation projects.
- Take responsibility for and manage health and safety procedures on sites.
HOW TO APPLY: