Visitor Engagement Manager
The Wildlife Trusts
Ivinghoe, United Kingdom
8 days ago
Please apply via the link. Queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitor Engagement Manager
BBOWT has a vision for “more nature everywhere, for everyone”. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. This includes you being comfortable bringing your whole self to work, and us co-working with the diverse communities we serve to ensure we are meeting everyone’s needs.
As Visitor Engagement Manager you will deliver an engaging visitor experience at our busy visitor centre in Buckinghamshire.
What you’ll be doing;
- Providing leadership to a high performing team of staff and volunteers
- Developing, delivering and reporting against the Visitor Centre Business Plan
- Maximising the retail operations of the Visitor Centre in alignment with BBOWT values
- Acting as Visitor Centre Duty Manager as required (including regular weekend working and occasional Bank Holidays)
- Developing a welcoming environment so all visitors can enjoy the site to its full potential
- Ensuring an engaging and inspiring visitor experience, which will include a program of events for all ages.
What we’re looking for;
- Visitor services skills, incorporating commercial retail, and or, catering
- Demonstrable income generation, business planning and meeting targets skills
- Excellent social and communication skills at all levels
- Staff and / or volunteer management skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications and comfortable with using Excel
For all your hard work you can expect a great rewards package in return. In addition to being part of a friendly, skilled and knowledgeable team, passionate about making a difference, when you work for us you’ll also receive;
- Generous annual leave entitlement with paid birthday leave and generous occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and family-friendly policies
- Flexible working to achieve work-life balance
- Pension with generous employer contribution
- Learning & Development Programme for all (SEED)
- Well-being initiatives including qualified Mental Health First Aiders across BBOWT, access to our Employee Assistance Programme, providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters; 3x life assurance, online GP access and a YuLife benefit package with free will writing, a variety of discounts and ability to claim vouchers to use in a wide range of stores when you redeem YuPoints earned by being active or meditation sessions.
- Salary sacrifice Cycle scheme & Electric Vehicle scheme
- Membership to BBOWT’s, and The Wildlife Trusts’, Staff Network Groups for social interaction, peer support and personal development
£24,400 - £26,400 (pro rata) per annum (£30,500 - £33,000 FTE)
28 hours per week, to be worked on a rotational 4 day in 6 basis, Tuesday to Sunday. The postholder will be required to work 1 in 3 weekends.