College Lake, Upper Icknield Way, Bulbourne
, Tring, Buckinghamshire, HP23 5QG
Please apply via the link. Queries should be directed to email@example.com
Learning Officer – College Lake
Salary: £9,200 - £9,481 (pro rata) per annum(£23,000 - £23,703 FTE)
Contract: Fixed Term, 6 months
Hours: 14 hours per week, not Mondays. Flexibility in working pattern, in agreement with line manager
Based: College Lake
BBOWT has a vision for “more nature everywhere, for everyone”. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. This includes you being comfortable bringing your whole self to work, and us co-working with the diverse communities we serve to ensure we are meeting everyone’s needs.
The Learning Officer will help nature recover by enabling people to connect to, and act for, nature. As part of an energetic and highly committed team of environmental educators working via a varied range of programmes, you will use your skills to raise understanding, awareness and love of wildlife in children.
What you’ll be doing;
- Delivering day-long, outdoor, curriculum-focused sessions for Early Years and Primary school children
- Helping to deliver family events and trails, especially in the school holidays
- Assisting with administration of these programmes
What we’re looking for;
- In-depth understanding of appropriate learning and communication styles
- Ability to engage a wide range of audiences in varied settings to impart key concepts
- Able to effectively communicate curriculum-linked information to school aged learners, including Early Years and Primary
- An excellent knowledge of wildlife and habitats
- Able to work independently and take individual responsibility for sessions and communications
- Well-developed IT skills with a working knowledge and understanding of MS Office functions such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
This post will be DBS checked at enhanced level. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the position. BBOWT will not unfairly discriminate on the basis of criminal convictions. BBOWT’s policy regarding this matter and the Disclosure and Barring Service Code of Practice are available on request.
For all your hard work you can expect a great rewards package in return. In addition to being part of a friendly, skilled and knowledgeable team, passionate about making a difference, when you work for us you’ll also receive:
- Generous annual leave entitlement with paid birthday leave and generous occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and family-friendly policies
- Flexible working to achieve work-life balance
- Pension (salary exchange) with generous employer contribution
- Learning & Development Programme for all (SEED)
- Well-being initiatives including qualified Mental Health First Aiders across BBOWT, access to our Employee Assistance Programme, providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters; 3x life assurance, online GP access and a YuLife benefit package with free will writing, a variety of discounts and ability to claim vouchers to use in a wide range of stores when you redeem YuPoints earned by being active or meditation sessions.
- Salary sacrifice Cycle scheme & Electric Vehicle scheme
- Membership to BBOWT’s, and The Wildlife Trusts’, Staff Network Groups for social interaction, peer support and personal development