Administrator - Membership Team (Maternity Cover)
The Wildlife Trusts
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 day ago
Our membership assistant is going on maternity leave and we are urgently looking for someone to cover her post.
We have a a compelling vision for our county:
A Wilder Suffolk where nature is thriving and abundant because everyone is doing more to help.
Membership is one of the ways in which we help people play their part in this and foster stronger connections to nature. With 27,000 people actively supporting Suffolk Wildlife Trust as members, their subscriptions and donations offer vital support for our nature conservation activities across the county.
Using the Trust’s membership database, you will take responsibility for the efficient day to day administration of the Trust’s membership schemes and ensure consistent high-quality contact with members of all ages.
Every staff role has three key areas of focus to support our mission to bring nature back. Typically, you should expect to spend 80% of your time on these:
1 – MEMBERSHIP ADMINISTRATION
- Use the Trust’s Database to maintain contact details and financial records for members and donors in line with GDPR requirements.
- Learn the key processes required to run the Trust’s membership, so as to support the Membership Manager as needed e.g., direct debit run procedures and build resilience into our systems
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day processing of memberships:
- Manage correspondence and telephone contact with new members including welcome packs and calls
- Process membership data for new, renewing, and lapsed members
- Process membership payments, including Direct Debits, PayPal, and Gift Aid
- Manage correspondence and contact with existing members including members’ telephone and written enquiries and renewal reminders
- · Support the Membership Manager in the continued development of the membership admin systems and opportunities for streamlining, to support continued membership growth
2 – MEMBERSHIP & FUNDRAISING RESOURCES
- Co-ordinate magazine mail outs to members, primarily through the volunteer delivery network
- Support the network of volunteer magazine deliverers, and answer queries that arise
- Maintain stocks of new member welcome packs for adults and children and co-ordinate distribution to recruiters and centres
- Maintain stock levels and co-ordinate countywide distribution of membership leaflets and other materials to ensure staff across the county have the resources needed for day-to-day activities and special events
3 – MEMBERSHIP DATABASE
- ·Be a high-level user of the Charity CRM database
- Assist the Membership Manager in providing training, support and troubleshooting to colleagues to facilitate the effective use of Charity CRM across the Trust. in line with GDPR requirements
- Liaise with the Charity CRM support team as necessary to address issues that may arise during the day-to day running of the system.
- Provide administrative support for fundraising activities and follow up to members and donors
The successful candidate will be very organised will brilliant communication skills. You will be calm and efficient and enjoy working with the public. Please add a cover letter to your application and tell us why you are the perfect person to join us.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £21,093.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Wellness programme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday