For more information, please contact:
07305 000394 (Recruitment)
0333 3207 273 (Main Office)
Join our team to help tackle the climate and nature crisis:
We are looking for engaging and inspiring people to join our team of regional Membership Recruiters working at local venues and events. The aim of the role is to encourage people to join their local Wildlife Trust and support the vital work they do by way of a monthly direct debit.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your experience to a position where you can contribute directly to cause that you are passionate about. Together, we are tackling the climate and nature crisis - starting with the ambition of 30% of the UK's land and seas connected and protected for nature by 2030 - so that we might all enjoy a wilder future.
Naturalist/broadcaster Michaela Strachan meeting our Membership Recruiter, Martin.
- 6 hour days at pre-booked various venues and events
- Part-time, 3 or 4 days per week required including regular weekend days & bank holidays
- Permanent contract with fixed days
- Uncapped commission, top performers working 4 days per week can earn over £45,000 per year
- Average annual salary of £25,000 based on 4 days per week (£31,200 FTE)
- Guaranteed minimum hourly rate of £14 during the first 60 days of employment, and £11 per hour minimum safety net rate thereafter (this is not a commission only job)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Career development opportunities
- 21 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, pro-rata
- Pension Scheme
- Travel contribution
- Full charity-branded uniform, kit and ID badge provided
- Chartered Institute of Fundraising approved training
- Supportive team in the field and office
- Valid driving licence and access to a car/van is essential (for transportation of equipment, including a 2x2m gazebo, fold-out table, display board and other promotional materials).
- A sales or face to face fundraising background is welcome, but not essential.
- Enjoys working in the field rather than being stuck behind a desk in an office
- Effective communicator
- Outgoing and friendly
- Comfortable with working to targets/KPIs
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Will include outdoor working using a gazebo and other display equipment
- You will be using a tablet device to complete the sign-up process and other admin in this role. Basic IT skills including email and database use are essential.
How it works
- Candidates are screened over the phone & booked into a face-to-face interview with their local Team Leader
- All new starters receive 2 days of paid induction training (The first held virtually, and the second at our central HQ near Bicester, Oxfordshire) and a further 2 days of paid on-site training at venues. Our comprehensive training includes charity specific training, objection handling and a thorough introduction to our company culture and ethics.
- Immediate starts available with fortnightly induction training sessions at our office near Bicester, Oxfordshire
If you feel that this job is for you, then please apply with a covering letter and CV. We will contact you to discuss the role in further detail if your CV is selected.
Please note that by applying for this job you may be subject to a DBS check.
- Membership recruiter job description 2022
- WFCL Application Form - F2F May 2023.doc