The Wildlife Trusts
Exeter, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
For further information and to apply for the post please download the Job Application Pack and Application Form below. If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01392 279244.
Due to the smaller size of the consultancy, the person will need to be able to undertake a range of work relating to all aspects of ecological consultancy.
The Consultant Ecologist will be expected to:
- Undertake protected species surveys and Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, primarily within Devon but occasionally further afield
- Provide advice to landowners and clients on habitat creation, restoration and land management projects
- Undertake botanical surveys and monitoring such as National Vegetation Classification (NVC)
- Undertake a range of practical tasks associated with mitigation works
- Manage and deliver a range of projects simultaneously
We are looking for:
- A degree or similar qualification in an environmental related subject
- Botanical identification skills
- A minimum of two years experience within an ecological consultancy or similar
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team
- Membership of CIEEM
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post based at Aldens Court.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service)
- Agile working arrangements including home working
- Flexitime system including time off in lieu for evening and early morning surveys
- Salary progression (subject to satisfactory performance) and potential for bonus payment based on share of annual profit
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Death in Service cover
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
Interviews are being held on Wednesday 20 July.
We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and abilities who meet the essential criteria for this role. We are an inclusive organisation that is seeking to involve more diverse audiences in our work.
For further information and to apply for the post please download the Job