Support Services Administrator
The Wildlife Trusts
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
22 days ago
110 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6NF
For nearly 60 years, the Scottish Wildlife Trust has worked with its members, partners and supporters in pursuit of its vision of healthy, resilient ecosystems across Scotland’s land and seas. The Trust successfully champions the cause of wildlife through policy and campaigning work, demonstrates best practice through practical conservation and innovative partnerships, and inspires people to take positive action through its education and engagement activities. It also manages a network of around 120 wildlife reserves across Scotland and is a member of the UK-wide Wildlife Trusts movement.
We have a rare opportunity for a customer focused individual to join our Support Services Team in an administrative capacity. The postholder will be the first point of contact for all telephone and email based general enquiries and will provide support in managing any complaints or compliments received. As a natural ‘people person’, you will enjoy providing direction to any enquiries made and become fluent in the services offered by the Trust. You will be highly organised and will ensure that all communications are delivered in a professional and helpful manner to all internal and external enquiries.
This role is appointed on a part-time basis and will, in the main, be based in the Office with some ability to operate in a limited hybrid working manner. The pattern in which the part time hours can be worked, allow for some flexibility, which can be agreed at the time of interview.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be the first point of contract for all telephone enquiries with the view to respond to the query or assign the enquiry to the relevant party.
- Act as the first point of contact when responding to complaints and compliments.
- Perform mailroom duties daily including franking of mail and re-charge of postage
- Administrative systems – in conjunction with the Support Services and HR team, you will maintain and develop administrative systems and ensure the office is well maintained.
If you are a naturally patient person, coupled with great communication and organisation skills, we would love to hear from you. Whilst not essential, awareness of the Scottish Wildlife Trust’s work and a commitment to nature conservation would be highly desirable. The ideal candidate will also additionally have reasonable demonstrable experience in using Microsoft Office systems.
What we offer:
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Cycle to Work & Pension schemes.
- We have always been hugely flexible in our approach to how you wish to work and continue to offer a flexible approach.
- One Wellness Hour per week
- Enhanced Pension rate upon completion of probation
- Sick Pay Allowance
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity Leave
- Training and Development
- Paid volunteering days
If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 312 4726
The Trust is a passionate employer, proactive about creating a culture of diversity and an inclusive workplace that promotes and values equal opportunities for all. We welcome individuals from all networks of life, backgrounds, and experiences.
- 2023_Support Services Administrator_.pdf