Ecological Adviser - Adapting the Levels Landscape Recovery Project
The Wildlife Trusts
Cheddar, United Kingdom
16 days ago
As the Ecological Advisor on this ground-breaking project, you will work with internal experts and a range of landowners to co-create a plan for land use change. One that maximises the benefits to nature, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and unlocks green finance payments.
Across the UK, new Environmental Land Management schemes (ELMs) are being rolled out between now and 2024. These schemes are key in delivering the UK Government's 25-Year Environment Plan, halting nature’s decline by 2030 and reaching Net Zero by 2050. By far the most ambitious of these is Landscape Recovery. The team at Somerset Wildlife Trust are delighted that the ‘Adapting the Levels Landscape Recovery’ project bid was successful and we are now building the team to deliver this aspirational project.
With a degree or diploma in Environmental Science, climate science or related subject or equivalent work experience you will bring a specialism in ecology, habitat restoration and wetland management to the team.
Leading on surveying and mapping ecological and historic features across the project area, you will provide a through understanding of the current situation.
You will work in close collaboration with land owning partners and project staff to develop land use plans for the implementation stage; focusing on peat rewetting and the restoration of wetland ecosystems and natural processes.
This is a full-time, fixed term position of 2 years. Based at our Callow Rock Office with opportunities for home working.
- 7% employers pension contribution
- 25 days leave plus Bank Holidays & 3 additional discretionary days
- Free life insurance to give you a little reassurance
- Flexible working including Time Off in Lieu & home working options
- Dedicated 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your household
- Part of a national team of Wildlife Trusts Staff
- Discounts in high street retailers
- Joining a supportive team with Mental Health awareness and champions
- Working across some of the most beautiful locations in the county
For an informal chat about the project and this role please contact Shelly Easton (during office hours): 07990 758856. The full job description and requirements are attached in the link at the end of the page.
The closing date is midnight on 30th November. Please note that we will review applications throughout the advertising period and may close the advert early if a suitable applicant is found.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Option 1 - Written application. You can either email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the attached application form
- SWT Application form.docx
Option 2 - Video application
- Video application documents - zip.zip
- Ecological Adviser Adapting the Levels Landscape Recovery - Job Description_1.pdf