Assistant Payroll & HR Officer
The Wildlife Trusts
Brandon, United Kingdom
16 days ago
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to support the growth and the continued development of the HR function across the Trust and Middlemarch Environmental Ltd. The successful applicant will be heavily involved in all aspects of recruitment making sure the applicant and hiring manager experience is exceptional. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines as no two days will be the same!
To be successful in this role you would need to have a good understanding of all things HR especially employment law in relation to recruitment and payroll. We can offer you a varied and interesting role where you can really make a difference and your continued professional development will be supported.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
Title: Assistant Payroll & HR Officer
Brandon Marsh Nature Centre, Coventry, with regular travel to Middlemarch Head Office (Triumph House, CV5 9AZ), and occasionally throughout the county or further afield.
We work on an agile working frame which requires 20% of the working week to be in the office, and 80% working from home.
Grade 2a (£18,512 to £25,917 dependent on experience)
Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and Middlemarch Environmental staff, Senior Management Teams, Directors Including Neds & CEO, Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts, recruitment agencies, health and wealth management team, payroll, external HR consultants and external systems providers.
Full time hours (35) on a permanent contract.
To support the delivery of the HR service across the Trust and its wholly owned subsidiary company Middlemarch Environmental Ltd. Working closely with the HR Manager and department heads, this role is a generalist role but will focus on payroll, recruitment, and onboarding. We are looking for an individual with a proactive attitude to get involved at an exciting time, assisting the hr manager to implement change throughout the trust and Middlemarch.
- Processing payroll for the Trust and for Middlemarch, end to end.
- Ensuring all data is captured for payroll, ensuring the relevant systems are kept up to date and documentation is sent out (eg letter confirmations)
- Calculate holiday pay and holiday adjustments as and when required.
- Ensure all payroll documents and letters are produced and act as a point of contact for queries relating to payslips (eg payslips and p45s)
- Maintain and track confidential personal information about employees in line with Data Protection legislation.
- Supporting the HR Manager in implementing a new Payroll system.
Recruitment – WWT & Middlemarch
- Provide high-quality recruitment and selection service to all departments including the use of social media and own the end to end recruitment experience for the applicant.
- Support managers in the effective preparation, communication and organisation of design of job packs & person specifications. Organise job adverts with external agencies and liaise with external recruiters where appropriate and review application forms, assist in shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Ensuring end to end recruitment process has been followed, including ensuring candidates are informed throughout the process.
- Ensuring legal requirements are met during and after the recruitment process including reviewing and updating contracts of employment as and when required.
- Organise and oversee the induction and onboarding of new staff including offer letter and contracts of employment.
- Assist the management of probationary periods.
Training – WWT & Middlemarch
- Ensure induction training is complete for all new starters.
- Work with admin teams and managers to maintain accurate and up-to-date training records for all staff.
- Produce reports on training needs across the Trust and Middlemarch.
- Work with departmental managers/team leaders to analyse training needs.
System Management – WWT & Middlemarch
- Act as the internal expert in WWT’s HR software (Breathe HR at the charity, SAGE at the company) using these systems to maximise the fulfilment of all other HR related responsibilities.
- Input, as appropriate, all employee data into WWT’s HR software in a timely, accurate and consistent manner to ensure the availability of accurate and comprehensive employee management information.
- Generate HRMI as required for the Trust and Middlemarch monthly across all HR areas.
- Advise and train colleagues in the use of HR systems and software, as appropriate to their own roles and responsibilities.
- Support departments with budget management with salary costs and other on costs related to employment.
- Act as a point of contact for queries relating to employee benefits.
- Provide HR support and guidance to management on company HR policies and procedures, including employment law advice e.g. disciplinary, grievance, performance.
- HR related project work as required.
- Promote the work, mission and vision of the Trust and the Company at all appropriate times.
- Take ownership and ensure continuous development of personal skills and knowledge required for the post, undergoing training and performance review as required by the Trust.
- Work within all the policies and procedures of the Trust and Middlemarch, ensuring own compliance with the Trust’s health and safety policies and procedures and that of any resources for whom you are responsible.
- Work at all times within WWT’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy and promote equal opportunities and diversity.
- Comply with all legal and contractual obligations concerning the responsibilities of your post.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post, as requested by the CEO and Executive Directors.
Person Specification (E = essential, D = desirable)
Level 2 in Maths and English
Level 3 CIPD qualifications or above (or working towards) or equivalent
Experience in continuous professional development
Excellent wide-ranging IT skills including the ability to input data and run analytical reports
A good administrator/organiser, calm under pressure and highly organised and able to plan and prioritise own work to meet tight deadlines
High degree of numeracy and literacy
Full/clean Driving Licence
A good knowledge in recruitment, systems and delivering a great applicant experience
Knowledge and understanding of employment law and HR practice, policies, and procedures
Appreciates and understands the need for confidentiality
Over two years of experience of working within a similar HR environment in a HR generalist role
Experience in working with and managing HR systems, including Breathe HR and SAGE
Experienced in delivering payroll and understanding complex payroll components
Experienced in recruitment
Flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to multitask
Able to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative
High attention to detail
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
communicator and personable
Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
Confidential / Integrity
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com