Agreements & Operations Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
21 days ago
WHO WE ARE
Nature United is a national organization that is reimagining conservation across Canada. We believe that nature—thriving and full of life—is the foundation of strong communities, a prosperous economy, and a future worth passing on to our grandchildren. We believe that reconciliation is at the heart of our progress as a nation. And we believe that Canada can be a global beacon for hope.
We build diverse partnerships by unearthing shared environmental, social and economic values, and we transform our collective strength into solutions to Canada’s greatest conservation challenges. We work to advance sustainable resource management by supporting Indigenous leadership and authority and to harness the power of nature to address the climate crisis by advancing natural climate solutions. Nature United is an affiliate of the global organization The Nature Conservancy (TNC).
As a conservation organization, we support the authority of Indigenous peoples to steward and manage their lands and waters by working in partnership with Indigenous Nations to strengthen governance, build on-the-ground stewardship capacity, support leaders, and catalyze local economies. Diversity, equity, inclusion and justice are central to achieving our conservation mission and we are committed to co-creating a culture that is equitable and a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and safe for all staff, partners, donors, and volunteers.
All Nature United staff based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of receiving one of the vaccines approved in Canada shall be condition of employment and must be provided prior to starting work. Nature United is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and reasonable accommodations for candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical or human rights reason will be considered.
The Agreements & Operations Specialist will be a key member of Nature United’s Finance & Operations team and will provide support across the organization to advance the mission and strategic priorities of Nature United. The primary function of this position will be to administer the grants and contracts (Agreements) process for the organization which includes: drafting, due diligence, obtaining approvals, database maintenance, facilitating execution, internal and external communication, electronic storage/filing, and associated invoice entry. The Agreements & Operations Specialist will work with their supervisor to ensure all Agreements for the organization are processed effectively and efficiently.
In addition, the Agreements & Operations Specialist will spend a portion of their time (10% - 20%) providing general operational support including: office management, event planning and logistics, management of monthly conservation reports, and other ad hoc administrative duties which may arise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
1. Agreements (80%)
- Responsible for drafting contracts, grants, and other agreements within assigned portfolio
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Nature United policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance
- Maintain confidentiality of frequently sensitive information
- Maintain and update relevant databases and reporting tools
- Submit invoices for payment
- Coordinate monthly conservation reports
- Work independently on assigned tasks and exercise sound judgment based on analysis and experience, referring difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor, attorney and/or Finance staff.
- Act as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when required.
2. Office Management & Other Duties (20%)
The Agreement & Operations Specialist will coordinate the day-to-day general office management functions for the Nature United main office in Toronto. These tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Order/maintain office supplies
- Liaise with IT suppliers and maintain office equipment
- Coordination with property management regarding the Toronto office
- Coordinate and lead on COVID safety protocols administration
- Assist/lead with event planning and coordination
- Member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Act as the central resource for management of future remote Nature United offices
- Travel and work flexible hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience coordinating administrative processes.
- Technical experience with database programs.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Basic financial and grant management experience.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
WHAT WE BRING
Nature United offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51660, submit your cover letter and resume online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM ET on Tuesday July 5, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.