The Nature Conservancy
16 days ago
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The HR Advisor is an integral member of the People and Culture team in Australia and the wider Global People team. The role will work across the organisation to provide guidance and support to all levels of stakeholders on a range of HR-related issues across the full employment lifecycle. Integral to the success of the growing Australia team, the role will be responsible for the management and improvement of processes in recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, remuneration and reward, benefits, staff development and work health and safety. Working within sophisticated and established HR policies, processes, guidelines and TNC’s code of conduct, the role is part of a highly matrixed global organisation with fabulous learning opportunities.
The HR Advisor (titled HR Specialist) will report to the Director of People and Culture in Australia, and has one direct report, the HR Operations Coordinator. The team are cross-skilled to support one another.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Provides timely and accurate responses to employee/management questions and problems.
- Provides support to the Director of People and Culture, and the wider organisation to effectively assist in the performance and development needs of The Nature Conservancy workforce.
- Contributes to the development and review of HR Policies and Procedures and ensures the quality and compliance of HR documentation with appropriate storage.
- Performs monthly workforce reporting to the Director of People and Culture.
- Manages budgets as delegated by the Director of People and Culture.
- Implements, maintains and reviews contractual arrangements with suppliers to People and Culture.
- Implements, maintains and continuously improves TNC’s WHS system to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation across all locations in Australia.
- Drives the WHS Risk Management process across the organisation and provide key stakeholders with assistance and advice as required.
- Oversees regular audits to ensure WHS personnel, training, premises and processes comply with relevant legislation and headspace policies and procedures. Some interstate travel may be required.
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by the Managing Director, People and Culture Director and Executive Leadership team.
- Handles recruitment requirements and processes as needed
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our new and growing team in Australia!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years HR related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience responding to HR related questions from a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in innovating elements of the employment lifecycle.
- Knowledge of the Australian employment relations and work health and safety landscape.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing and producing reports; data input, manipulation and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, HR information systems and analytics tools.
- An ability to build a strong and positive culture.
- Meets or exceeds our competencies (below) and fully supports TNC values.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- HRMS and/or Power BI experience.
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge and experience in policy and procedure development and implementation competencies.
To apply submit your materials online by emailing your cover letter and resume to Attention: Paula Scher, Director People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants who are currently eligible to work in Australia will be considered. The Nature Conservancy will not provide support for working visas or residency for this position.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.