Development Associate, Singapore
The Nature Conservancy
5 days ago
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Development Associate, Singapore reports to the Director of Development, Singapore and will be part of the Global Markets Team, a recently created cross-cutting global team focused on engaging global citizens in wealth centers around the world who are seeking to improve conservation and environmental outcomes, for both people and nature. The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting TNC’s Singapore Development Team in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors and prospects, including corporate, foundation, institutions, and/or individual donors, interested in supporting TNC’s global conservation and climate priorities. The position is based in Singapore.
The Development Associate will be involved in various development operations functions, such as fundraising data management and analysis, portfolio management, prospect research, gift processing, event planning, office management, team logistics and coordination (i.e., setting up calls/meetings, organizing travel for the team) and assist with writing development publications and proposals etc. They will provide support and targeted training to the Singapore Development Team and collaborate with Development Operation Specialists around the world. The Development Associate must maintain advanced skills with the systems and resources utilized by the team in order to execute tasks. They will implement processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness based on their in-depth understanding of related policies and procedures. The Development Associate will effectively communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow. They will have substantial contact with internal stakeholders and may have a key role regarding outreach for the program to external audiences. They may be asked to take on additional duties to enhance the work of the team
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Have you ever asked yourself, “How can I make a difference?” but you don’t know where to go or have the time to do it? Welcome to The Nature Conservancy. You have found the solution and now you can pointedly make a difference every day!
By joining our team, you will become part of a group that is a force for nature, people, and the planet. Our team consists of a dedicated group who are responsible for providing resources and guidance to chapters leading the conservation effort on multiple fronts and who expertly bring strategy and action together. ether.
We're looking for an individual with fundraising or business development experience who wants to make a difference for nature and people, with some responsibilities and scopes:
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise interns, volunteers, and/or temporary staff.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and contracting with vendors.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Refer difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Travel and work flexible hours.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience building relationships with staff, customers or similar.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working across teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
- Understanding of the philanthropic culture and trends within Singapore.
- Previous experience working in fundraising/development.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
- Ability to implement processes and strategic program goals.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work under pressure.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience with database administration and spreadsheet software, including managing and tracking data.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including: health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan including employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work wellbeing benefits. Learn more about our benefits at in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellbeing, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 52490, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on February 5th, 2023. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role while committing to closing the gender pay gap and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.