Certified Contracts Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
9 days ago
Modalidad Teletrabajo. Otras ciudades de Chile y otros países donde TNC tenga operaciones en Latinoamérica pueden aplicar; Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Perú, Belice, Guatemala y México.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Certified Contracts Specialist will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the Southern Andes Business Unit. This position is the point of contact in the drafting and administration workflow for all agreements. S/He provides oversight for the agreements process, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures and local laws. This role ensures effective tracking mechanisms to monitor the workflow process for agreements in order to help Project Managers manage their agreements, mitigate delays, and provide updates to other departments in a timely manner.
This professional will be working closely with managers and coordinators to provide advice related to agreements for the implementation of program activities (agreement type, payment schedules, deliverables, etc.) and working closely with Legal, Operations, and Grants Specialists to ensure that the terms and conditions of the agreements are appropriate for the given transaction or relationship. This position will prepare monthly reports regarding contractual due dates, payments, product delivery, expiration dates, amendments, and others to send to the Project Managers.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone to problem-solve and assist multiple departments!
The Certified Contracts Specialist will coordinate all aspects of planning, drafting, obtaining approvals for, signing, registering, filing and tracking contracts, grants, and other agreements (collectively “agreements”) for the Southern Andes Business Unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Completes training to obtain certification as a Certified Contracts Specialist (CCS) within TNC and maintains active status by attending periodic trainings, working closely with the Legal Department, other CCSs, and the TNC Contracts Manager for Latin America;
- Receives agreement requests from Project Managers and uses this information to draft legal agreements using templates provided by the TNC Legal Department. Serves as the point of contact for agreement approvals from Legal, Grants, Operations, Finance, etc.
- Coordinates with Project Managers to understand programmatic needs and advise on how to meet programmatic demands in a timely manner through appropriate agreements;
- Identifies and provides training sessions to BU staff about drafting and managing agreements (especially for new or newly promoted staff).
- Acts independently within broad program goals to prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems;
- Demonstrates sensitivity in handling confidential information and manages agreements in accordance with TNC standards;
- Maintains complete files for all agreements and provides accurate information to other departments (e.g., internal audit) or staff members upon request;
- Ensures compliance with TNC’s Code of Conduct, values, policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements;
- Provides input for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing systems related to agreements and tracking;
- Develops a strong understanding of TNC Purchasing, Grantee Due Diligence, and other procedures related to agreements and provides informal and formal training to other staff members as needed;
- Develops familiarity with TNC Risk Factors that require written agreements and helps Project Managers to identify and mitigate risks;
- Develops and maintains familiarity with TNC’s available agreement templates and liaises with Legal when new agreements are needed;
- Ensure that the proposed TNC signatory has appropriate Delegation of Authority, Power of Attorney, and/or Ministerial Delegation of Authority for each agreement;
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and at 3 years related experience or equivalent combination in similar positions;
- Experience with organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Experience working independently and with cross-functional teams;
- Writing and understanding written English and Spanish;
- Complete COVID-19 vaccinations status.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results;
- Demonstrated experience using diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships;
- Experience coordinating projects;
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results;
- Experience working with legal documents is valued
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52816, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on January 31st 2023. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.