Development Writer (Part-Time)
The Nature Conservancy
San Antonio, TX, United States
18 days ago
San Antonio, Texas
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Development Writer will work as part of a functional team of organizational priority within a development program. The Development Writer will report to the Development Operations Manager and will work with the Texas fundraisers, conservation, and finance staff to produce letters of intent, proposals, and reports for donors.
Write and edit private individual, foundation, and corporate proposals and stewardship reports for Texas managed donors, in collaboration with the fundraisers, conservation program, and finance staff to produce letters of intent, proposals, and reports for donors $25K+ to $1M+ range. (80%)
Project manages donor communications (20%) through maintaining a database of writing needs for the team, archiving materials, and donor communications for Development team. Clarifies team roles and deliverables, monitors timelines and communicates progress. Ensures efficiency and consistency in donor communications through branding standards, best practices budget development, and securing reviews and approvals. May work with freelance writers, graphic designers, photographers, printers and other vendors and staff, as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise interns, volunteers, and/or temporary staff.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and contracting with vendors.
- If required to provide centralized support to chapters or programs, will work with a minimum of three chapters or programs.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Refer difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Travel and work flexible hours.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience building relationships with staff, customers or similar.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working across teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience are appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Experience with databases and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
To apply for job ID 51658, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.