Senior ELT/Data Warehouse Engineer
The Nature Conservancy
22 days ago
Flexible with the USA
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Sr. ETL / Data Warehouse Engineer leads the development of data warehousing solutions to power business intelligence at The Nature Conservancy. As a part of the Application Management and Analytics team, they will synthesize business requirements for conservation, operational and fundraising information, and create and implement solutions to integrate data from various enterprise systems.
This position analyzes the data needs of internal clients seeking business intelligence solutions and builds custom data sources and data models to address those needs. They gather and document requirements, design and improve data schemas, and build efficient and streamlined ETL processes. They enhance the performance of reports and dashboards by optimizing the underlying data structures. They collaborate with other IT staff to leverage their expertise in ensuring the reliability, accuracy, and performance of all custom data sources that feed the flow of business information at The Nature Conservancy. They will be responsible for designing and implementing these solutions in a creative, collaborative team environment. They operate and maintain TNC’s ETL and Warehouse systems, resolve incidents and process change requests.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
- Write code to build ETL processes to integrate information from various enterprise IT systems.
- Design and align data models based on business purpose (e.g.. analytics, self-service reporting, predictive modeling, etc.), focusing on flexibility, efficiency and eliminating redundancy.
- Conduct analyses of business or technical user needs, document requirements and design tailored data solutions.
- Monitor performance of ETL processes and build in redundancies to avoid risk of an information outage.
- Provide support and troubleshoot questions arising from report developers and business users of these data solutions.
- Adapt and/or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches.
- Assist in the development of data standards in compliance with IT best practices.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by being a part of our Business Unit!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field and/or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience with SQL in an analytical or data engineering role.
- 3 years of experience in designing, building, and maintaining ETL processes geared toward delivering Business Intelligence.
- 3 years of experience in data modeling, data warehouse design, or related areas.
- 2 years of experience with at least one general purpose programming language (such as Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.).
- 2 years of experience extracting and querying JSON or XML data from web services.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including Amazon Redshift.
- Experience working with SAS Products.
- Experience with building database objects in Microsoft SQL Server, optimizing queries and writing stored procedures.
- Experience with software development methodologies.
- Ability and desire to mentor and train others.
- Strong ability to analyze business requirements and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Experience with the development and execution of test plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer services skills.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52089 submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.