Senior eLearning Designer/Developer
The Nature Conservancy
26 days ago
The location is flexible to a TNC Registered Office.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Senior eLearning Designer/Developer is responsible for managing and planning the day-to-day functions of designing and implementing learning solutions within the global community of TNC staff and partners. Working as part of TNC project teams they will serve as a project leader, senior instructional designer, trainer, and/or developer to identify and implement appropriate curricula and learning tools such as traditional classroom training, synchronous web-based distance training, online help documentation, asynchronous web-based training, delivery platforms, and other venues. Work with clients and manage learning programs, curriculum, and/or tools. They develop a solid understanding of their business environments and learning needs to meet the needs of target audiences with a focus on Project Leadership or Technology Leadership. Job duties break down as follows:
Technology Leadership Focus:
- 40% focused on the research, planning, and day-to-day functions of technology including instructional development tools and delivery platforms to meet the learning needs of TNC staff and partners.
- 50% focused on eLearning Development, technical leadership and serving on project teams.
- 10% focused on project management, project resourcing and reporting.
The Senior eLearning Designer/Developer is managed by the Director of the Technology Learning Center and has no direct reports. They may coordinate the activities of volunteers, contractors, and staff in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
We are looking for a Senior eLearning Designer/Developer to join our Technology Learning Center team. You will be joining as a senior contributor on the team, with the opportunity to have a meaningful impact in a leading conservation organization! In this role, you will serve as a creative director and help the team to create innovative and high-quality learning deliverables. This includes the ability to independently and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve complex problems; work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by directives of superiors and communicating and establishing partnerships with key cross functional stakeholders. You will design and manage multiple projects, directing work of staff, managing budget, setting deadlines, and ensuring accountability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and project manage multiple projects, directing work of staff, managing project time to a budget, setting deadlines, and ensuring accountability;
- Take leadership role on interdepartmental teams to coordinate the work of peers;
- Design, develop, and deliver materials and learning tools (e.g. traditional courses, online courseware, performance support, and documentation).
- Provide administrative support and provide guidance on best practices for the learning management systems and users.
- Ability to apply sound Instructional Design Principles.
- Work with synchronous and asynchronous learning programs that may be delivered through various methods (e.g. in-person, distance, multi-media, and online).
- Successfully convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Ability to work effectively with various user communities.
- Conduct learning needs analysis both internally and externally.
- Develop online training using development tools and technologies.
- Work daily with information technology and desktop automation tools, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Skype.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot software and courseware.
- Technical writing.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups and maintain integrity of organizational technology standards.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Deliver quality products based on internal processes and tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment, with need to manage against multiple deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% in both US and non-US locations, at times in remote or difficult areas.
- Ability to work US based business hours for team meetings and collaboration
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
As a Sr. eLearning Designer/Developer, you have a multi-cultural mindfulness and the ability to consider the big picture to drive outcomes. You are a clear, effective communicator.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years working on the design of classroom and online instructional programs.
- Experience using instructional design principals to develop instructional materials for both online and classroom.
- Experience delivering classroom and/or live web training.
- Experience leading and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience with current technology in relevant field.
- Experience working with teams across organization.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current and evolving trends in training, curriculum design, distance learning, and web-based design.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52767, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.