Senior Change Manager & Champion
The Nature Conservancy
10 days ago
This position location is flexible within the U.S.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Senior Change Manager and Champion (SCMC) develops, creates, and implements change management and communications strategies that align with overall goals for the Finance Business Unit. Provides direction and leadership for all Finance BU projects and initiatives that often impact the entire organization. The Senior Change Manager and Champion (SCMC) is a critical member of the Finance Business Unit’s Office of Change Management (OCM). They lead the development and implementation of program-level integrated change management strategy for a portfolio of projects and work streams. The SCMC also helps to build awareness and adoption, while influencing behaviors that shape a desired future state. The SCMC establishes partnerships with business leaders at all levels within the organization to create necessary change messaging and sponsorship. Additionally, the SCMC leads by example and may manage change for one or more enterprise-wide initiatives. This position will supervise at least one Junior Change Manager.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Implements a structured change methodology and program, including the OCM operating model and governance.
- Develops tools necessary to scale organization change management services.
- Oversees a portfolio of change workstreams or initiatives.
- Reports ongoing deliverable status, organizational readiness, and overall OCM portfolio health to transformation leadership and impacted stakeholders.
- Partners with other parts of the organization to deliver training and communication to influence understanding and behaviors required to realize change and drive adoption.
- As required or needed, coaches, and develops others in change management competencies.
- If needed, designs, and directs the completion of change management deliverables (Change Management Plans, Risk Mitigation Tactics, etc.) for one or more large enterprise-wide projects or initiatives.
- Identifies potential executive and leadership alignment risks and resistance points and develops specific plans to mitigate them.
- Provides objective feedback, challenges assumptions, and takes a stand even when doing so is unpopular.
- Will supervise staff.
- Occasional travel may be required.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone with strong experience in leading a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience designing, organizing, and directing complex projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 9 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing staff and teams.
- Experience developing communications, media and engagement strategies and measuring results.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships including senior level executives.
- Experience developing and leading complex projects or programs including measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, mediation, and negotiation skills.
- A credible resource for best practices in change management.
- Knowledgeable of common organizational issues and challenges.
- Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, manage performance, and help with conflict resolution on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices. Experience and/or understanding of communication best practices at a decentralized organization.
- Experience fostering an environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Master’s degree or extensive professional experience.
- Reputable Change Management certification or designation useful.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 53494, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.