Senior Business Analyst
The Nature Conservancy
19 days ago
Flexible within the USA
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
This Senior Business Analyst reports to the Associate Director of Business Analysis supporting the Office of the General Counsel within the Information Technology business unit and serves as a Sr. IT Business Analyst to a functionally diverse set of customers within the Corporate Systems portfolio. This position presents an opportunity to play a significant role contributing to an exciting multi-year digital transformation program that will impact all Corporate Systems’ technologies and services (Legal, Internal Audit, Ethics and Compliance and Privacy) that support TNC’s conservation mission.
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes, tests, and evaluates systems, products, services, operations, and business needs to deliver quality technical solutions and services to meet business unit goals and achieve successful outcomes more broadly for TNC. They perform broad range of IT analyst activities, gather and document requirements, document processes. They help formulate business cases and play an active, contributing role in all phases of the project delivery lifecycle for any projects they are assigned to, from conception to transition to operations and support
- Work in lateral teams to provide guidance and specific expertise to business teams on products/systems.
- Knowledgeable about the strategies, goals, actions and work processes of the business/system/service/operations s/he works with.
- Conduct analysis of business or technical user needs, develop business cases, document requirements and process flows, and develop system specifications.
- Partner with business counterparts to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- Determine how planned IT solutions will impact existing business processes and systems and manage their integration.
- Act as a liaison between IT and end users to ensure solution compatibility and satisfaction.
- Ability to adapt and/or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Well versed in specific industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple mid-level complex projects.
- Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation, including user manuals and technical manuals.
- Translate user/or systems requirements into functional technical specification.
- Establish control policies in accordance with best practices and defining benchmarks and measures.
- Ensure proper coordination and collaboration with other teams.
- Suggest changes using data to back recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Willing to travel and work flexible long hours and on the weekend.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Fosters a supportive, inclusive, equitable, respectful, and safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field and/or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience as a business or technical profession in Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience in defining and documenting complex systems requirements.
- Experience planning and executing projects cross-functionally including systems evaluations and selections, acquisition integrations, new system or module implementations, and technology migration/re-platforming initiatives.
- Experience in collaboration and facilitation skills including the ability to bring together various teams and resources to deliver results.
- Possesses an understanding of how to utilize emotional intelligence to navigate complex organizational and interpersonal dynamics.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills and ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners, including senior executives.
- Experience with IT Business Analysis knowledge areas including business analysis planning and monitoring, elicitation and collaboration, requirements lifecycle management, requirements analysis, and solution evaluation.
- Strong ability to analyze and model business processes and recommend solutions.
- Experience with Product Management frameworks and associated tools and techniques, e.g. experimentation, test and measure; working backwards; Google HEART Framework.
- Experience with the systems life cycle, project management principles and software development best practices and concepts.
- Experience delivering software solutions utilizing Agile methodologies and managing work using Atlassian Suite, SmartSheets or similar task and documentation management tool.
- Experience developing, integrating, and implementing new technologies and platforms with legacy systems.
- Experience with collaboration and knowledge management solutions and processes in large, decentralized organizations.
- Ability to challenge ideas and concepts in a respectful manner, with the objective of arriving at best decision for TNC.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively.
- Ability and desire to mentor and train others.
- Experience with the development and execution of test plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- Vendor management experience.
- Supervisory experience or managing a team of peer professionals.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
To apply for job ID 51667, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.