The Nature Conservancy
18 days ago
Location negotiable within the United States.
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Senior Analyst creates, manages, and implements reporting and advanced analytic solutions to inform The Nature Conservancy’s high value donor strategies. They work closely with other membership and marketing team members to provide data-driven solutions to address business problems and meet key objectives. The Analyst will keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to improve services. They will analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, create processes and implement new practices to improve effectiveness of the program and use advanced data mining techniques to identify top prospects to grow revenue streams.
The Senior Analyst will work towards implementing analytical solutions for the initiative, including:
- File Health Analysis
- Predictive models
- Ask-string optimization algorithms
- Donor profiling
- Segmentation Analysis
- Design of Experiments/Multi-Factor Test Design
- Donor Lifetime Value Analysis
- Multi-year Revenue Forecasting
- AWS big data technologies (including Redshift)
The Analyst will develop and coordinate plans and related tactics, and complete and coordinate diverse complex tasks and activities. They will analyze and report to leadership on key data, utilizing appropriate tools for the request or project. The Analyst will perform complex analysis of key organizational data and recommend focus for analysis. They will develop and maintain information systems to support program needs. They will provide advice and recommendations related to the functional area. The Analyst maintains expert knowledge in systems and resources, applying knowledge to coordinating organizational support and communications. They will have substantial contact with stakeholders and will serve as the lead liaison with leadership. They take on additional duties which may include, but are not limited to, designing and leading training initiatives, managing documentation, and/or enhancing resources.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in and where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with data and uncovering patterns that lead to increased fundraising revenue and efficiencies. Collaboration, creativity, and the ability to solve complex problems. are key in this role. Come join TNC and apply today!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field or 6 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience designing and generating reports, and analyzing and interpreting the data.
- Experience working with teams across organization.
- Experience with accounting, finance, and direct marketing programs
- Experience manipulating relational data.
- Experience with SQL and data warehousing tools.
- Experience with OLTP and dimensional data models
- Experience with Excel, including macros and pivot tables
- Experience with statistical software package (SAS, Python, R or similar) and building predictive models.
- Experience with AWS big data technologies including Redshift (or similar)
- Experience with web analytics.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles, practices, and procedures of relevant field.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Master's degree or extensive professional experience.
- Experience managing and implementing complex processes.
- Experience working in partnership with others in a collaborative or advisory role, preferably with senior staff.
- Advanced knowledge of current trends in the specific field, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Advanced proficiency in interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Basic familiarity with Linux operating system and commands
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience developing, implementing, measuring and evaluating multifaceted strategic marketing initiatives, plans and programs.
- Experience with PC operating systems and hardware, office productivity/graphics software and desktop utilities.
- Expert account management and client service skills.
- Strong familiarity with Nonprofit data and its use in retaining and acquiring donors, and increasing their engagement
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Successful experience in leading multiple and complex projects and implementing strategic program goals.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51968, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.