Regional Lead, Agility Lab
The Nature Conservancy
30+ days ago
The location of this position is flexible within the countries where we operate in Latin America. Latin American regions with TNC chapters.
Full time, short term position (12 months)
No relocation, visa, or immigration assistance is provided.
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
A LITTLE ABOUT THE AGILITY LAB
In this “now or never” window of opportunity, our global ecosystems and the communities that depend on them are in crisis and the teams working urgently to build solutions are operating in an increasingly complex and dynamic world. If we are going to deliver the accelerated, enduring, and equitable impact the climate crisis demands, we will need a different approach. That’s where the Agility Lab comes in! As a sort of internal consultancy to TNC, the Agility Lab provides a suite of offerings grounded in an agile, learn-by-doing approach which helps conservation teams learn their way to impact in months instead of years. Learn more about the Agility Lab (nature.org/agilitylab), our mission, vision, and values (https://bit.ly/38ICcya).
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Latin America Region (LAR) Regional Lead will help the Agility Lab evolve and expand in order to meet the demand of conservation teams within Latin America, increasing our global conservation impact in service of TNC’s ambitious 2030 goals (https://bit.ly/3EacMoz).
The Regional Lead will cultivate an understanding of what drives customer satisfaction (customer = TNC conservation teams) in LAR and will be charged with ensuring customer success. The lead will serve as a cross-cultural broker, ensuring that the offerings and methodologies developed in the North American context are relevant and culturally meaningful to teams across Latin America.
The LAR Regional Lead will oversee the delivery of Agility Lab offerings, including the vetting, hiring and management of external consultants who deliver Agility Lab offerings. They will take a learn-by-doing approach to the development, implementation, and iteration of Agility Lab offerings to quickly learn what works and what doesn’t work and adjust accordingly. The Regional Lead will negotiate complex and evolving landscapes with both internal TNC teams and external partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
CONTRACTOR HIRING + MANAGEMENT
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new LAR-based contract facilitators who deliver Agility Lab offerings
- Oversee LAR-based contract facilitators, ensure that they’re trained on Agility Lab best practices and offerings
- Coach facilitators on Agility Lab mental models, practices, and offering delivery
- Manage the translation of Agility Lab offerings from English into Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Assist the continuous improvement of the Agility Lab’s current workshop offerings as well as R&D on potential future offerings
- Ensure Agility Lab offerings are culturally relevant for LAR teams
- Research and recommend appropriate regional pricing for offerings
- Continually build expertise on Agility Lab processes
- Facilitate Agility Lab offerings as needed
- Play a critical role in the monitoring and evaluation of Agility Lab offerings
- Manage the intake and pipeline of TNC LAR teams looking for Agility Lab assistance
- Negotiate complex agreements with internal TNC Business Units
- Track and ensure customer satisfaction and communicate feedback and potential improvement on offerings
- Communicate effectively with team members, team leads, and organizational leaders
- Stay aligned with core Agility Lab team on success
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
You are a generalist with an entrepreneurial spirit who is determined to make an impact through your work. You are a connected collaborator who enjoys working with a wide variety of people and perspectives and welcomes generative feedback. You enjoy holding the bigger picture and a longer-term view balanced with the ability to zoom in to specific, tactical questions, challenges, and opportunities. You communicate succinctly and effectively and have an eye for streamlining systems. You want to join a motivated team of fun-havers to create real-world impact in service of nuestro planeta compartido para las futuras generaciones.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 7-10 years’ related experience
- 2 years working in the entrepreneurial and innovation space
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects simultaneously, while delivering positive outcomes
- Experience assessing opportunities, defining success, and managing expectations with multiple involved parties
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, centering equity, justice, diversity, and inclusion principles and practices in a professional setting
- Experience communicating comfortably and effectively with a variety of people, using a variety of channels
- Experience communicating crisply and clearly via written and spoken means in both English and Spanish
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience, especially within the Latin American landscape
- Experience solving problems: identifying issues, acting on them, and incorporating feedback to deliver a work product
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including managing finances and coordinating the work of other professionals and partners
- Fluency in Portuguese
- Managing and advancing a pipeline of customers
- Facilitation experience
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in the entrepreneurial, innovation, and agile disciplines, especially as they translate to the impact space
- Demonstrated experience influencing, developing and implementing agile ways of working
- Ability to develop practical applications of entrepreneurial concepts and related innovations for conservation purposes
- Ability to complete tasks independently with respect to timeline(s)
- Experience with a variety of methodologies, including: Human Centered Design, Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Systems Thinking, Change Management, Permaculture Design, etc.
- Excitement about working on an agile team that is continually adapting their own ways of working
- Experience with a growth mindset, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Experience working with small and growing organizations and/or entrepreneurial teams
- Measurement and evaluation experience
- Experience working with or within not-for-profit organizations
- Experience bridging the divide between not-for-profit and for-profit organizations
- Politically savvy
IN LIEU OF A TRADITIONAL COVER LETTER, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Why are you excited about this role?
- Why is “learning” an important part of innovation?
- Describe a time you helped bridge a divide, at work or more broadly?
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
Salary is $173,000,000 - $224,000,000 COP* based on experience and location.
To apply for job ID 52537, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role while committing to closing the gender pay gap and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.