Program Manager, Agility Lab
The Nature Conservancy
12 days ago
United States, South America
Office location flexible where TNC has offices in North America (NAR) or South America (LAR)
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Program Manager will direct aspects of development, implementation, and iteration of Agility Lab offerings, focusing on the Theory of Change body of work. To learn more about the Agility Lab visit nature.org/agilitylab and see our Mission, Vision, and Values here: https://bit.ly/38ICcya. To learn more about the Theory of Change body of work, see our overview deck here: https://bit.ly/3GHOOlL.
The Program Manager will support the development of the Agility Lab’s innovation-inspired offerings. They will help the Agility Lab team maintain a focus on customer satisfaction (customer = TNC conservation teams), and will bring experience in Human Centered Design and Design Thinking. The Program Manager will ensure the Agility Lab is integrating these important methodologies into all of our offerings, including but not limited to the Theory of Change Workshop Series and Implementation Workshop Series. They will take a learn-by-doing approach to the development, implementation, and iteration of Agility Lab offerings and will optimize the way they work to learn quickly what works and what doesn’t work and adjust accordingly. The Program Manager will negotiate complex and innovative solutions with both internal TNC teams and external partners to create greater impact, faster.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Play a critical role in managing the intake and pipeline of TNC teams looking for Agility Lab assistance.
- Assist the continuous improvement of the Agility Lab’s current workshop offerings as well as R&D on potential future offering by bringing a lens of human-centered design
- Support Agility Lab leadership with other projects on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the training and oversight management of internal and external facilitators.
- Assist in the creation, refinement and automation of Agility Lab processes and materials
- Play a critical role in the monitoring and evaluation of Agility Lab offerings
- Responsible for tracking customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate Agility Lab offerings as needed.
- Frequently make independent, strategic decisions based on analysis and ambiguous information and context.
- Negotiate complex agreements with internal TNC Business Units.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
- 2 years working in the entrepreneurial and innovation space.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects simultaneously, while delivering positive outcomes
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance
- Experience in Human Centered Design and Design Thinking including, but not limited to, ethnographic user testing, journey mapping, insight synthesis, problem definition, prototyping and testing, permaculture design or biomimicry, and across commercial and non-for-profit organizational settings.
- Experience, and commitment to, centering equity, justice, diversity, and inclusion principles and practices in a professional setting.
- Experience in design facilitation, both in-person and virtual.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience negotiating.
- Multilingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in the entrepreneurial, innovation, and agile disciplines, especially as they translate to the impact space
- Demonstrated experience influencing, developing and implementing agile ways of working
- Ability to develop practical applications of entrepreneurial concepts and related innovations for conservation purposes.
- Ability to complete tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
Salary is $80,000 - $90,000 USD based on location and experience. This is a full-time, short term position (12 months).
To apply for job ID 51696, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on July 8, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.