Principal Applications Architect for Constituent Engagement
The Nature Conservancy
29 days ago
Flexible within the USA
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Principal Applications Architect for Constituent Engagement Systems is the technology lead in providing vision, defining strategy and designing solutions using their expert technical knowledge. They provide product development level expertise of BlackBaud CRM (BBCRM) for functional and technical support, contributing to all activities in the application development and maintenance life cycle for BBCRM and related applications and interfaces. Drawing from industry knowledge of other non-profits and CRM features, this position designs, develops, directs, and supports new, complex, technology solutions, including transformative maintenance and improvement efforts, from the ground-up according to system requirements and modeling TNC’s development best practices. They perform tasks assigned as required to complete projects and support for production incidents of varying complexity focusing on the most complex and urgent. They are a technical mentor and coach for the application development and support engineers on the IT Constituent Engagement Systems team helping prepare and train them on development best practices for SDK development, coding standards, code promotion, sandboxes, version control, CI/CD, code debugging, and all aspects of the development life cycle striving for operational excellence and efficient operations. They have extensive knowledge of the key technologies, industry trends, and players in the non-profit CRM community that they can draw upon to analyze changing business and market circumstances as well as industry trends to uncover alternatives and develop/implement optimal solutions for the future. They work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team for defining new strategies for BBCRM and assist with development of data standards that will facilitate integration between systems. They will provide similar support for other Constituent Engagement platforms as time allows and based on priorities. This position reports directly to the Associate Director CRMS Application Development and Support for Constituent Engagement. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you passionate about applications and programming and looking to put it to use supporting the environment? Do you like data-centric tools? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that people and nature can thrive together. We’re looking for someone with deep expertise who is industry savvy and motivated to making sure our Constituent Engagement systems are operating smoothly and receive the necessary enhancements to keep us thriving! While you will focus on solutions for our Constituent Relationship Management System (CRMS), your technical expertise and deep knowledge of the Information Technology industry will be put to use integrating data between the CRMS and many other internal and external applications. We need your experience and expertise designing and developing solutions that have high value and impact with low maintenance costs. Our team of dedicated developers is eager to learn from you.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience in Information Technology field with 9 years of recent relevant experience with full life-cycle technology application development for highly complex, organizationally impacting initiatives.
- 8 years of experience with multiple global non-profit organizations’ business rules and constituent engagement systems (e.g. CRM, eCRM). Extensive technical and business contacts in the industry.
- 8 years of product development level experience with the design, development, and support from the ground up of highly complex, organizationally impacting solutions for BBCRM
- Experience with the .Net framework and MS SQL Server development including extensive experience with Visual Basic and C# development and support.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining APIs for data integrations from the ground up.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining SSIS applications from the ground up.
- Experience with at least two of the following areas: relational database best practices and concepts, such as Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Standards, Data Quality Management (DQM), Data Cleansing, Data Architecture, DDL, Data Dictionaries, Data Marts, Data Mining, Data Warehouse / Warehousing, Value Chain, Data Sampling, Referential Integrity, and data-centric tools.
- Experience with the systems life cycle, project management principles and programming best practices and concepts.
- Experience analyzing highly complex system-wide technical specifications and interfaces, debugging applications programs, and producing user and technical documentation.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience working with and developing large scale BBCRM add-ons like the Global Batch Import, Brightvine Data Link, and Velocity. Specific experience with BrightVine Data Link, Zuri Velocity or other BBCRM integration tools; experience with other BrightVine and Zuri tools.
- Experience with designing and development solutions for Blackbaud in the cloud.
- Experience with The Nature Conservancy BBCRM implementation and related customizations.
- Experience with design and development of solutions using BB SkyAPI.
- Extensive with Blackbaud Partners firms, for both technical and service support.
- Experience working with other non-profit fundraising applications such as Engaging Networks eCRM, SAS CI-360, and Mobile Commons.
- Experience with Silicon Harbor Solutions BBCRM/Outlook integration tool or other Outlook plug-ins.
- Experience with BBCRM/Mailchimp integrations; Experience with Blackbaud BBIS.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and best practices and supporting technologies such as the Atlassian suite of products.
- Experience with Git, Git Workflow and Bitbucket for version control.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure private/public/hybrid cloud model design, implementation, orchestration and support.
- Experience with modeling the best practice of the software development life cycle for a global organization.
- Experience with developing or implementing data management and self-service reporting tools for global organizations, particularly leveraging BBCRM data.
- Experience with developing or implementing digital asset management tools and integrations
- Experience with document and knowledge management, document storage and workflow applications, such as PaperSave.
- Experience working with project teams and internal business partners, including Development, Membership, Marketing, Cash Receipting and other fundraising and constituent management functions.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
To apply for job ID 52498, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role while committing to closing the gender pay gap and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.