Membership Project & Systems Manager
The Nature Conservancy
30+ days ago
Negotiable within the United States. Arlington, VA preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Membership Project and Systems Manager has primary responsibility for managing small membership projects and responding to and leading the resolution of systems, data or process issues affecting the Membership team, operations and fundraising programs. In addition, they will support the identification of operational bottlenecks, redundancies, vulnerabilities and opportunities for enhanced efficiency or effectiveness, provide recommendations for process and procedure improvement, and act as a resource to the membership team on these topics.
The Membership Project and Systems Manager will provide day-to-day and project support to senior membership operations team members and the membership fundraising program staff. The Membership Project and Systems Manager monitors and measures project progress, conducts corrective action as necessary, and communicates project status information to all stakeholders and controls project scope and quality. They ensure coordination between sub-projects that may span across multiple TNC departments as well as with TNC partners. They will work with marketing professionals, data analysts and technical engineers to resolve issues and implement solutions. They obtain go/no-go decisions at all project decision points.
They will provide support to projects of the department, as well as cross-departmental projects. This may include serving as an analyst gathering stakeholder requirements and documenting requirements, process flows and business rules. They may also serve as a subject matter expert with respect to the Membership processes and systems that fall within his/her assigned responsibilities. The Membership Project and Systems Manager will also play a day-to-day role as the primary point of contact (Tier 1 support) for Membership staff. This involves being the liaison to other teams, departments and/or vendors to identify the root causes of issues and managing the activity to resolve the issue. The Membership Project Manager will take on additional duties as assigned to support the success of membership fundraising programs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently and in supervisor’s stead, as needed; think strategically and exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems;
- Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved;
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance; decisions may bind the organization financially or legally;
- Manage small size projects and apply expertise in applying project management methodologies to all phases of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitors status and proactively communicate progress of projects and tasks.
- Well versed in industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Serve as a Tier One level troubleshooter requiring a natural curiosity, ability to connect the dots and a desire to understand the bigger picture.
- Collaborate effectively with internal groups and vendors to achieve objectives, resolve incidents, make continuous improvements and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Does not supervise any staff but may manage work of peers on departmental project teams. Ability to apply data quality best practices and adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination;
- 2 years of project management experience or 1 year acting as a project lead;
- Completed coursework or other training on project management principles;
- Experience managing project teams and working with cross-functional staff;
- Experience managing scheduling of small to large projects that range from short to long term;
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple tasks and projects;
- Experience with constituent management systems and digital marketing solutions;
- Experience using project management techniques and tools; and
- Experience effectively assisting business users with resolving technical, data quality and business process incidents
You don’t have to meet all the qualifications listed below to apply
- Experience with nonprofit marketing solutions Engaging Networks and Blackbaud’s BBCRM.
- Experience with commercial marketing automation solutions like SAS CI360.
- General knowledge of data warehousing and ETL processes.
- Prior use of Jira or similar project/task management collaboration tools.
- Effectively communicates via presentations, conversations and documents.
- Strong dedication customer service and the development of customer-centric solutions.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving and risk analysis skills. Results driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
- Ability to manage and implement complex processes;
- Experience supervising staff, interns and/or volunteers;
- Proficiency in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data;
- Certification in project management;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade; and/or
- Successful experience implementing strategic program goals.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51609, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.