Information Security Outreach Specialist
The Nature Conservancy
11 days ago
Flexiable within the USA
WHO WE ARE
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Information Security Outreach Specialist is responsible for supporting information security and risk management activities centered around staff education and outreach. You will be a member of the Information Security Risk Management Team – the Yellow Team. This team helps safely implement systems or integrate third party organizations into TNC's technology landscape. This team also works with Enterprise Architecture, Operations and Data teams and development staff to implement security standards and technologies.
The Information Security Outreach Specialist implements activities related to Information Security awareness and education, particularly in helping BUs and Communities of Practice understand the business importance of Information Security and helping them navigate the requirements of TNC’s security standards. They will develop outreach and training curriculums that will be delivered through a variety of methods, and in conjunction with other TNC outreach efforts, highlighting the importance of protecting TNC’s data and systems and the information security tools that are available to TNC staff. They will work with IT Subject Matter Experts to facilitate the adoption of these tools
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Maintain frequent and active lines of communication with BU programs, IT Managers, Communities of Practice (eg Directors of Operations, Grants Managers, etc) on Information Security topics of concern to them. Provide feedback to IT Subject Matter Experts on existing Information Security tools and practices based on interaction with these groups.
- Lead program to train and educate user groups and Communities of Practice on Information Security topics as part of Information Security internal risk mitigation strategy.
- Participate in internal risk evaluation (eg, phish testing) and mitigation planning as part of the Information Security education program.
- Develop and deliver TNC-wide security awareness program. Engage with communications partners within TNC (eg Internal Communications, IT Managers, Technology Learning Center) to broaden the delivery and visibility of security awareness messaging.
- Perform routine management of information security communications, including through the intranet and other collaboration systems.
- Provide consultation and direction to staff on information security-related policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Write documents for and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participate in incident response activities as required.
- Resolve issues independently within program area.
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline and 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- End user support experience.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with security-related aspects of information systems including endpoint security products, client operating system configuration and networking technologies.
- Experience working in a decentralized global organization, supporting staff and/or systems located in multiple states and/or countries.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Security certification such as SANS Security Awareness Professional, Security+, GSEC, or Associate of (ISC)2.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51694, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.