The Nature Conservancy
30+ days ago
Location is flexible anywhere within the Continental USA, with preference given to Arizona or an established Nature Conservancy office in Phoenix or Tucson,
WHO WE ARE
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world working in more than 75 countries and territories. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube on Glassdoor.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Grants Associate provides specialized finance/accounting-related services for the Arizona chapter and other chapters as assigned.
The Grants Associate provides specialized services in accounting or similar financial activities for the Arizona chapter. They are an expert in their area of specialization. They administer and maintain finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures, donor requirements and best practices in financial management. Specifically, this position provides a wide range of administrative and financial support to a Grants Specialist or a team of Grant Specialists for incoming public awards, outgoing sub-awards or grants, and contracts for services.
Responsibilities may include:
- Financial system data maintenance and analysis (approximately 80%)
- Running reports from the financial system
- Conducting research on recorded expenses
- Entering and updating award info and budget information
- Cost assignment and invoicing
- Preparing journal entries
- Closing out awards
- Completing other required tasks in the financial system
- Other (approximately 20%)
- Assisting in maintaining auditable grant files in Box
- Drafting outgoing grant agreements or contracts for services using standard templates.
- Administration of Public Funding Pipeline Management
- Participating in Operations, AZ Business Unit, Division, Regional and TNC-wide meetings, trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Position location is flexible from home office anywhere within the continental U.S. with preference given to Arizona or an established Nature Conservancy office in Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona, if space is available.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Ensures TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization's policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Other duties as required.
- Occasional travel which could include over-night stays (such as staff retreat in Arizona; miscellaneous trainings throughout U.S.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
- Experience using automated accounting systems.
- Experience using Microsoft products (Work, Excel, etc.).
- Youth certified (internal training within initial 30 days of employment; annually thereafter).
- Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of grants accounting.
- Strong organizational skills
WHAT WE BRING
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan to include employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work environment that is supportive of the health, well-being, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for job ID 51476, submit your formal cover letter AND current resume online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Where legally permissible, TNC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and willing to keep up to date with vaccines that protect against COVID-19. By accepting an offer of employment, you agree to comply with this requirement, unless you are entitled to a legally mandated exemption.